Team Marin (my babies)

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited August 2009 in Your mountain bikes
Indian Fire Trail for XC duties (lightweight race-spec, Full XTR/Fox/Magura/USE/DT-Swiss etc)

s1050554.jpg
s1050549.jpg
s1050552.jpg
s1050551.jpg
s1050553.jpg
s1050555.jpg
s1050556.jpg

Marin Quake 7.3 (Pro-spec, Full SAINT drivetrain/Hope/DT Swiss/Rockshox Totem Solo Air, Rockshox DHX 5.0 Air/Maxxis/Easton/Crank Bros Joplin...) Going to LBS this week to get indexed (because I am shit at it/chain fitted)

s1050547.jpg
s1050545.jpg
s1050543.jpg
s1050539.jpg
s1050540r.jpg
s1050543.jpg
s1050548.jpg
s1050542.jpg
s1050546.jpg

Cost an arm and a leg, but they were worth it and I love 'em

8) :D

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    nice!
    Too clean though! Man I love those Quakes. I plan on getting one next year.
  • Cheers bud, they are nice eh? I can't see how people (lots) think they are UUUUGGGLLLY! :? :cry:
  • Anonymous
    Well, I appreciate the mentalist, more is more engineering going on in them! I also love the fact that the swingarm looks like it could be a spare part from a railway bridge!

And the quad link suspension? It's the most awesomest thing I've ever ridden!
  • And the quad link suspension? It's the most awesomest thing I've ever ridden!

Yes, it is, I love it, fucking AWESOME, makes you feel like you can take on anything (even though I clearly cannot!) :lol:
  • Anonymous
    hehe!
    The amount of times I actually stopped and checked my wolf ridge for breakages when first riding it over severe terrain is crazy. I just wasn't feeling ANYTHING from the back end!
    I thought the swingarm must have broken off or something, I mean, NO feeling. Like riding over glass-smooth tarmac!
    Amazing.
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    I think the Quake is ugly..... :wink:

...but hey to my eyes you have a stunningly beautiful hartail and a rugged bruiser for the steep stuff.
  • Anonymous
    Haha, I got so excited by the Quake that I forgot about the Fire Trail - Which is another fantastic looking machine :lol:
    It's a slight pitty that the white on the Fox's doesn;t match the pearlescent white of the frame though - SO GO AND GET IT COVERED IN MUD, STAT! :D
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    nice biks cheese. which you gonna ride round cannock??? please dont say the quake :lol:
  • Lol!

Am hopefully getting some SIDs in the next few months, the FOX have been awesome, but it always pissed me off (even when walking out of the bike store) that they didn't match!! :oops:
  • lawman wrote:
    nice biks cheese. which you gonna ride round cannock??? please dont say the quake :lol:

Indeed I am!!!! :lol::lol:

It actually rides quite nice and light, it's only on the steepest of hills it's a bitch!
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i personnaly think those quads are ugly. but you builts are absolutly awesome i preffer the hardtail but they'r bot amazing
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Very nice hardtail. 8)
    Good job.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    lovely bikes, that fire trail looks really nice in white and the red maguras+rotors look awesome :)

I love the quakes too, i think they look really good, and the quad link is really interesting
    good pair :)

Also i'm glad i'm not the only one that sucks at indexing gears!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Jools79
    Jools79 Posts: 242
    Love the Indian Fire trail, that is one nice frame :D