New Trek 1.2c

kingderham
kingderham Posts: 206
edited August 2009 in Road beginners
Just bought a trek 1.2compact only ever rode mountain bikes or touring style racer, bit nervy at first but cant beleive how much quicker i go i enjoyed the ride home from the bike shop.
A mouthfull of mud, i guess ive crashed

Giant xtc se
Trek 1.2compact

Comments

• Welcome to the club. Now what upgrades are you thinking of getting :D
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Leesykoi
    Leesykoi Posts: 338
    Hi Kingderham,

Snap, though picked mine up on Friday night (2wk old model).

Already got SPD520 MTB pedals on but thinking of changing to some Looks. Also it's fitted with a set of yellow side walled Bontrager that look nice and blingy !!!!

Going shopping for some nice white bottle cages, trip computer and a small saddle bag at the weekend.

Apparently i've caught some sort of disease with an inability to maintain any money in my bank account and a tendency to spend it all at my LBS.

Enjoy your Trek, i'm gonna do my best to enjoy mine !!!!!

Lee.
    I like shiny bikes - especially Italian ones.....!!
  • My girlfriend looks at me as if to say no chance every time I go online and start looking at biking stuff.
    I don't go out drinking so I spend my money on biking stuff instead. I can spend at least £60 in one night out x that by 4 and you've got £240 that would've been spent on me getting fat, unfit and increrasing my risk of dying. Thats my argument it works, well sort of :roll:
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    My girlfriend looks at me as if to say no chance every time I go online and start looking at biking stuff.
    I don't go out drinking so I spend my money on biking stuff instead. I can spend at least £60 in one night out x that by 4 and you've got £240 that would've been spent on me getting fat, unfit and increrasing my risk of dying. Thats my argument it works, well sort of :roll:

Hang on a minute...

Does she give you pocket money or something..?

Grow a pair man... :?
  • skinson
    skinson Posts: 362
    Hang on a minute...

Does she give you pocket money or something..?

Grow a pair man...

Hmm!! Just what I thought...If after paying all the bills, and I mean every bill, I'd like to buy a new piece of kit then, I say "look at my next purchase" and the good lady accepts that I need it :lol:
    Dave
  • She doesn't stop me getting it I just get one of "those" looks. To be fair my spare cash should be used to reduce my credit card debt not help increase it.
  • kingderham
    Fungus, upgrades will be clipless pedals in a few months, im a bit nervy on the bike at the moment due to not riding a road bike before and it is so diffrent to my mountain bike.

Lee i bought the saddle bag another water bottle and cage(i have loads but were they go no one knows) will also get a trip computer. Will also get some road shorts and tops. Lee how tall are you and what isze frame did you get?.

Giant xtc se
    Trek 1.2compact
  • Leesykoi
    Hi Kingderham,

I'm 5ft 10in with a 30in inside leg and got a 56. Was torn between a 54 and 56 and thought the 56 was a better fit in the end with Trek (with Specialized a 54 was more suitable, with Bianchi a 55 was good).

Look Keo Easy's getting picked up tomorrow, i'm a seasoned MTB'er but thought i'd jump in with clipless and get the 3 or 4 fallls out of the way !!! Oh two white bottle cages, a Bontrager med saddle bag and a Trek 8i computer as well.....

Wahoooo, hope i doesn't rain this weekend or i'm going to be one upset bunny !!!!!

Cheers.

Lee.
  • Downwardi
    Downwardi Posts: 132
    I was told no-one knew when the 1.2 56cm compacts would be available
    FCN 8 Hybrid
    FCN 4 Roadie
  • Leesykoi
    Hi,

Is a 09 model but only 2wks old as bought from a ex Trek sponsored MTB'er who thought he'd give road cycling a go (& aherm gave up quickly !!)

Lee.
  • kingderham
    Downwardi my 1.2c is a 2009 model i paid £480.00(in sale) i understand the 2010 1.2c is £100.00 more expensive than the 2009 model.

Giant xtc se
    Trek 1.2compact