Autumn Epic - 4th October

PhilWeaver
PhilWeaver Posts: 22
Hi - just a quick reminder that if you would like to enter this year's Autumn Epic there are still some places left, but if you would like to order a tee shirt or jersey you must sign up by Thursday 27th August.

The route is unchanged this year as we would like to show it off in "normal" weather conditions after last year's freak rain...assuming of course that we aren't that unlucky again :P

See you on October 4th,

Cheers,
Phil and Anna.

Comments

• Third time lucky, after having to withdraw the last two years due to illness.

Yes, minus the Monsoon would be very handy. See you in october.

'A state of war only serves as an example for domestic tyranny.....'
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    I'm in for this one.

Struggling to find accomodation. The two YHA in the area are full, I'll probably have to resort to some hotel a bit further... Ludlow maybe?

Had it been summer I would have considered camping, but October... no thanks...

Any good advice?

Also, didn't find much information on the climbs, I'm not sure what kind of gradients the ride presents... I've got a 34x23 which serves me well up to 20%... but it won't work up things like Hardknott. Do you have any monstrous climb? (let's say 25-30% for a sustained length)
    left the forum March 2023
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    I'm camping :D ...for the third year on the trot :)
    Last year was ace :shock:
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Seriously though, it's not too cold at the beginning of Oct.
    http://www.clunvalleycamping.co.uk/
  • I'm in for this one.

Struggling to find accomodation. The two YHA in the area are full, I'll probably have to resort to some hotel a bit further... Ludlow maybe?

Had it been summer I would have considered camping, but October... no thanks...

Any good advice?

Also, didn't find much information on the climbs, I'm not sure what kind of gradients the ride presents... I've got a 34x23 which serves me well up to 20%... but it won't work up things like Hardknott. Do you have any monstrous climb? (let's say 25-30% for a sustained length)
    You should be ok on that, the two steepest climbs are "Houses" a short climb of 100 metres, upto 25% grad and Glascwm Pitch and grads upto 25%, thats much longer and straight up in front of you, the main problem here negotiating weaving riders and those walking.
    i'll ride anything, but I prefer carbon.......... she screamed!!

www.sportivecentral.com