RPCC Ride - 29th, 30th & 31st Aug

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
The last RPCC ride in August... and as such, the last of the 'summer'?! :shock:

A long weekend though so potential for 3 decent rides to go out. At the moment I have no plans but with a flat move approaching I may head down to Sussex to collect some of the stuff I have stored for my new place at some point so I'm not sure when I'll be out as yet - Dynamo park laps on Sat then a long ride on Monday is my current thinking... I was supposed to be doing the Burgess Hill Rumble this weekend but having already done the Woodcote Sportive this month my 'one sportive a month' plan remains intact so I might bail on that.

As we're probably well aware by now Felgen is likely to stay in bed on Saturday morning. No idea who else is about, but I reckon there'll be a vote for a hoonfest ride at some point over the Bank Holiday (and if so I'll stake my claim for that to be on Monday)! Hopefully we can get a good crowd together for at least one of the days regardless, but bank holidays are historically busy ones for most.

So, numbers could be low, but as I've said before (and have regularly been proved right) there's enough regulars to keep things flowing nicely so hopefully some decent riding will still be had this weekend! 8)

So, for those of you coming to join us, usual meet & ride plan:
    :arrow: 9am start on Saturday is most likely,
although keep an eye out as earlier starts seem to be happening now and Sunday might be favoured by some
:arrow: Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building
:arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph usually, but nobody gets dropped :arrow: Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-20mins)
I say it every week but I'm not going to stop: I'd like to emphasise that new faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! Be good to see some of the faces we have seen over the past months re-appear too! 8)

A collection point at Hampton Court can be arranged as that tends to be the route out. Please let us know if you need to take this option - it's usually just a fly-by quick hello and on the move again so if you plan to use this option we need to know, and please be on time (although there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for us to be a little late coming through). Collection time there is likely to be around 20-30mins after the agreed RP start time so again, keep an eye out.

So, who is about this weekend, which day, what kind of ride and what start time? :shock: 8) :D

Comments

• voxegam
    voxegam Posts: 244
    Might as well state my intentions......I don't really have anything planned as yet for this bank holiday weekend (in the mornings at least).....So I'll be doing 'Mo park laps Saturday and then would be up for one gentle, longish ride, and one shorter, fast paced ride.....on either days sunday and monday.

How about giving the Surrey Massacre a go guys?? :twisted:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
    Planet-X (now winter-bike)
  • Rich-Ti
    voxegam wrote:
    How about giving the Surrey Massacre a go guys?? :twisted:
    That's not a bad shout :wink:
  • felgen
    felgen Posts: 829
    As long as you leave out or find an alternative to that goat track that Myk-ee and I made our bikes filthy on when we (mostly) did the massacre back earlier this year. Its called Tanhurst lane..... yuck!
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    2)Nelson Pista Singlespeed
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Just discovered this evening that I need a new chain - bad timing :evil:
    Think I'm racing this Saturday so it's likely I won't be around this weekend either. May need to schedule an ad hoc trip to Box Hill soon - my time is looking distinctly average now :cry:
  • Art Vandelay
    The mighty Hoggenberg
  • felgen
    I think he means Hog Hill.....
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    Got a load of people coming around Saturday afternoon so will just be doing a few laps of the Park in the morning. Sunday will be a write off due to the excessive alcohol I will consume on Saturday night. Monday a possibility so long as it's not too fast for me.
  • Rich-Ti
    The mighty Hoggenberg
    Email me details if you will Al - tempted to have a crack if there's some 4th Cat action going on...
  • Art Vandelay
    Will do. it's a 3/4 cat.
  • felgen
    Will do. it's a 3/4 cat.
    hmmm........ interesting....
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    Will do. it's a 3/4 cat.
    hmmm........ interesting....
    And doesn't start til midday so you still get your lay-in... :wink:

Fancy giving me a lift?...! :roll: :lol:
  • felgen
    edited August 2009
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    And doesn't start til midday so you still get your lay-in... :wink:

Fancy giving me a lift?...! :roll: :lol:
    Potentially, maybe... fancy fitting my new BB? :shock: :twisted: anyone got a linky?
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    Where are details for racing at Hog Hill saturday....searched the web but no luck....?!!?!?
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • felgen
    http://www.riderhq.com/events/serrlevent23redbridgecyclingcentre

there ya go
    *edit* 10 quid series fee and 15 quid entry..... hmmmm
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • Rich-Ti
    felgen wrote:
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    Potentially, maybe... fancy fitting my new BB?
    No worries - will do happily (regardless of whether we do Sat or not) 8)
    felgen wrote:
    So £25 total, for one race... hate to be a miser but that sounds steep... might still do it though :?
  • felgen
    Rich-Ti wrote:
    felgen wrote:
    So £25 total, for one race... hate to be a miser but that sounds steep... might still do it though :?
    Yeah thats my point - 25 quid is a little steep, and I am not sure I would be there for anything other than a one-off due to the distance. When I move home soon, I will only be 20 minutes from Hillingdon and 5 minutes from Chertsey/Kitsmead, I just hope they actually have some racing at Chertsey Longcross in future....

Oh and Rich, finally caved and bought a BB tool.... so will do it myself, but don't want to repeat what a friend did and crack the frame at the BB cos he got confused over the direction of the left hand and right hand threads :shock:
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    If you do need a hand and/or Rich is not avaliable, give me a shout.....I've had to change over my BB and crankset for one reason or another several times.....Given we have the same frame, it may be of use. :lol:
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • felgen
    James,

I think we have the same cranks as well now SLK... no originality I know...
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    felgen wrote:
    James,

I think we have the same cranks as well now SLK... no originality I know...

Pah, why dont you go out and buy yourself some Mavic Carbones, FSA K-wing bars and stem, and a white arione saddle........you copycat you!
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • Rich-Ti
    He would if he could... except the wheels that is :wink:

Anyway, back on topic... :roll: :P
  • I've got a white arione you could buy :wink:
  • felgen
    lol, yes I know Mal... my bro had a white Arione - looks nice..... and I need a colour change.

Interestingly James - the FSA k-wing bars, k-force stem and seatpost are all on sale at Chainreaction. Oh the temptation, but not spending any more on lightening the bike until I am done lightening myself.... 91 kgs now.... Plus anyway I'll take my flashpoints over your carbones any day ;)
    Steeds:
    1)Planet X SL Pro carbon
    3)Giant Cadex MTB
    4)BeOne Karma MTB
  • voxegam
    felgen wrote:
    Plus anyway I'll take my flashpoints over your carbones any day ;)

Ooooooooooohhhh.... :evil: ...... The Blasphemy!!!
    Trek Madone 6.5 Pro
  • tyskie
    So, what's the score for Saturday? Could make a shorter (50 miles or so), fairly quick, early start Saturday morning but that's about it.

Alternatively, are you allowed to join in one of the Dynamo rides around Richmond Park as a 'guest' (one of the not so fast groups)?
  • Rich-Ti
    tyskie wrote:
    So, what's the score for Saturday? Could make a shorter (50 miles or so), fairly quick, early start Saturday morning but that's about it.

Alternatively, are you allowed to join in one of the Dynamo rides around Richmond Park as a 'guest' (one of the not so fast groups)?
    I'm probably going to do Dynamo park laps - you can come along as a guest but do it more than a couple of times and people might start to ask who you are and whether you're a member or not. If you do come along try and speak to Paul H to introduce yourself, he might tell you to go with a specific group.

Monday is probably best for a big ride for me - anyone else up for that? :D
  • tyskie
    Cheers Rich. I could be bagsied by the missus all day Monday. We shall see.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Wish i could pop along but having to do a 7 day stretch at work from tomorrow :x