Waterproof gloves?

canada16
canada16 Posts: 2,360
edited August 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hey

Is there any gloves like 661 or raceface that are waterproof, but wont make your hands sweat?

I know prob not, but worth a ask

Thanks so much

Comments

• slimboyjim
    slimboyjim Posts: 367
    I've got some Sealskins gloves - great for winter but too sweaty for summer. I would recommend them for cold weather use - I've not been too hot in them when the weathers miserable. Saying that, I tend to stick with standard gloves unless it is 'proper' cold wet rain...

I think you'll struggle to find ones that aren't going to be warm as waterproof gloves seem to be generally designed for winter riding...
  • hoathy
    hoathy Posts: 776
    Gore Windstopper gloves are good if you want something showerproof (not proper waterproof mind you) and breathable, they are made from stretched Gore-Tex.
    - Kona Hot '96 - Marin Rift Zone '09 - Cannondale Synapse Carbon '06 - Kona Caldera '98 - Kona AA '94 - Dawes Kickback II - Cannondale BadBoy '11 - Genesis iOiD SS -
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Nikwax have products that will waterproof almost any clothing you're wearing.

Might be worth buying some gloves that do the job and having a bash at waterproofing them.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"