Hartland Forest Nr Bideford. Anyone ridden there?

litwardle
litwardle Posts: 259
edited October 2009 in MTB rides
I often go past the enterance to Hartalnd forest but never been in. There seems to be lots of fireroad but I wounder if there is any singletrack to be had? It's farly hilly so shuld be? I can'd find anything on T'inernet about it so woundered if anyone in here has ridden it?

Lee

Comments

• I've just been wandering the same... Did you ever check it out?
  • Well I checked it out today... no singletrack. Lots of fireroads which would be ok if you were a beginer or had kids but a bit boring otherwise.
    Mountain biking is a bit limited in North Devon (apart from Exmoor I guess)!
  • Any scope for digging some singletrack in there?
  • KonaKurt
    KonaKurt Posts: 720
    Cookworth Moor Plantation is a cracking ride (East of Holsworthy), but I am not sure about Hartland Forest. Can you give me an OS grid reference? Might have ridden deep into it.

KK.
  • I used to think the same about North Devon but I've been exploring some of the bridleways tucked away between some of the lanes and there are a few hidden gems. Like most of North Devon a lot of it is short and brutal (up and down :oops:) and you have to link them using roads. What would be good would be someone developing a section of forestry much as they have at Gawton Woods near Tavistock. Alternatively there are a few quad bike centres that could be developed to have an xc/freeride loop without too much work. (I keep looking at the tracks on the left hand hill as you leave Ilfracombe).
    Scott Genius 08, Marin Rock Springs 08, Marin Pine Mountain 89