What happened???

Skippy2309
Skippy2309 Posts: 426
edited August 2009 in Commuting chat
My weekday commute ranges from 26-32 miles round trip, never seems to be an issue, my weekend commute is usually a piece of cake as its only about 6 miles round trip... today 5 minutes in on the way in I just crashed out everything seemed to fall apart I just couldn't maintain my speed I usually match the cars all the way but 5 minutes I was down to about 5-10 miles an hour :|

worst thing was I was struggling like hell as well..... plus it happened on the way home as well (the home trips mainly downhill) :oops:
FCN: 5/6 Fixed Gear (quite rapid) in normal clothes and clips :D

Cannondale CAAD9 / Mongoose Maurice (heavily modified)

Comments

• Probably just a virus coming out. Even if you don't feel unwell, they can sap a load out of you. Just be thankful if you didn't get scalped too many times.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    With me (25-mile round trip) it is either me comming down with something, as stated above, or a slight headwind, or insufficient food...

...and once my brake must have slipped, and so was on for the part of the return trip. :oops:
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    It happens, In addidtion to the above it maybe something and nothing that jus blows over.
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    Skippy2309 wrote:
    My weekday commute ranges from 26-32 miles round trip, never seems to be an issue, my weekend commute is usually a piece of cake as its only about 6 miles round trip... today 5 minutes in on the way in I just crashed out everything seemed to fall apart I just couldn't maintain my speed I usually match the cars all the way but 5 minutes I was down to about 5-10 miles an hour :|

worst thing was I was struggling like hell as well..... plus it happened on the way home as well (the home trips mainly downhill) :oops:

last time this happened to me it was the first symptom of some rather nasty food poisoning, hopefully this is not the case for you but it might mean you're coming down with something.
  • skippy2309,
    Hello mate, maybe ya body's just saying look! give me a day off! it could just be the break you need pal. Hope its not something nasty like others have suggested.