Riding sportives under someone elses name

amaferanga
amaferanga Posts: 6,789
Do the organisers generally need proof of ID when you register for a sportive? I've only ridden one before and did that under someone elses name without a problem. I know it goes against the rules btw.

For the sportive in question I actually have a place, but my mate has dropped out and I'm just wondering if its worth asking around to see if I know anyone that might want it.

Ta.
More problems but still living....

Comments

• bobh
    bobh Posts: 163
    Spare a thought for what happens in the event of an incident, perhaps maybe one where the organisers have to contact the next of kin detailed on the online entry system. Not a nice thought at the best of times but then to find you have the wrong person! If that's bad enough what would the insurer's reaction be to covering someone not properly entered into the event.

It takes no time at all to request a transfer in advance and most organisers I'm sure will have a policy for this. Surely better than risking the sort of problems that could occur
  • rjh299
    rjh299 Posts: 721
    All i got asked for was my postcode, my mate didn't get asked anything. As above, maybe not great if you crash or something happens.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    bobh wrote:
    Spare a thought for what happens in the event of an incident, perhaps maybe one where the organisers have to contact the next of kin detailed on the online entry system. Not a nice thought at the best of times but then to find you have the wrong person! If that's bad enough what would the insurer's reaction be to covering someone not properly entered into the event.

It takes no time at all to request a transfer in advance and most organisers I'm sure will have a policy for this. Surely better than risking the sort of problems that could occur

The event website says no transfer of entries is allowed. I see what you're saying regarding next of kin, but if both parties involved know the score then shouldn't be a problem. But the insurance side of things would be an issue.
    More problems but still living....