Forest of Dean Mountain Biking

richymerrell
richymerrell Posts: 7
edited August 2009 in Routes
Hi,

Wondering if anybody knows of any links or sites for mtbing in the Forest of Dean. My research has brought up the FODCA trail but at only 4.5km, and the area seems quite limited.

Any longer trails down that way?

Cheers
2000 Trek 8000 - Now converted to single speed
2008 Trek 1.7
2009 Trek 8500

Comments

• Just found a previous thread!!!
    2000 Trek 8000 - Now converted to single speed
    2008 Trek 1.7
    2009 Trek 8500
  • AliW630
    AliW630 Posts: 22
    I'm guessing that you mean out near dunkeld??
    there is ALOT of 'non mapped' routes in there... i guess you need to do a bit of exploring... :?
  • whiter74
    whiter74 Posts: 69
    Hi
    I happen live in the Forest of Dean. The FODCA is fine but agree its too short, to be honest exploring is the best option as most of the good trails are not signed. Best to base yourself at the Bike center in cannop Peddlebikeaway. From here you can ride either side of the valley, there's also some short downhill tracks you can play on which are great fun.
    Overall great single track all round.
    Cheers
  • Hi,

Wondering if anybody knows of any links or sites for mtbing in the Forest of Dean. My research has brought up the FODCA trail but at only 4.5km, and the area seems quite limited.

Any longer trails down that way?

Hi Rich,

I love riding in the Forest of Dean, but some of the best stuff can be hard to find. There's a good selection of routes listed here; http://www.fountaininnandlodge.co.uk/biking_mallards_pike_loop_one.html. Happy riding mate.
  • jane101
    jane101 Posts: 1
    Hi
    The forest of dean is a beautiful place to m/bike, and new routes are being discovered all the time. fortunately we will have a reprisentative at council level, I hear that Graham Carpenter is a real peddle head and he is standing in the next elections which can only be good news for us.
    So do come to the forest and enjoy.... happy biking