Bl**dy Selfish Inconsiderate Road Users Today

spen666
spen666 Posts: 17,709
edited August 2009 in Commuting chat
They are all a bunch of selfish gits on my commute to work today.

I had them all:

White Van Man - slowed down so I could safely cross his path coming off Bow Flyover

HGV Driver - Waiting until he could get round me leaving lots of space rather than passing within 12 feet of me as he overtook

Queuing Cars - pulling to the side so that I could filter more easily between the 2 lanes

Motorcyclists- more than one pulled to one side and stopped filtering so I could get past them. One saying that i'd get through gaps easier than him

Pedestrians- looked before crossing the road and avoided stepping out into my path.

Coaches & Buses waiting at bus stop until I had passed before pulling away

Taxi drivers waiting until I had passed before pulling across my path to get their fare who had just flagged them down

I mean given all the above on my commute today, what am I going to rant about on here now

See how selfish they all are
Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666

Comments

• Dudu
    Dudu Posts: 4,637
    :D
    Wow, I think I saw that pedestrian the other week!

It's a small world...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    Must be the wig.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Too right. I came round a bend this morning on the nicest part of my all-too-lovely rural commute, to find the road blocked by a dozen or so ladies & gents all on horses and dressed up in v smart country togs, and a pack of hounds all over the road. And what did I get in exchange for my smiles and good mornings to all of these people? Exactly. A very pleasant good morning in return as they each just moved aside to let me pass. And then the dogs all moved as one to the grass verge and sat patiently waiting until I'd passed them. To cap it all the lead horseman who was up front to warn on-coming traffic did no more than doff his cap, wish me well and waved me on my way just because I'd thanked him and complimented him on the dogs' turn-out & behaviour.

These blasted idyllic countryside encounters just leave no room at all for belligerence & unnecessary anger. Oh it was nice. Country people out & about, well turned out, good manners all round. Remind me again - why do I ride to work...?
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    complimented him on the dogs' turn-out & behaviour.

Any how did the ladies respond to your compliment?
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    edited August 2009
    Spen666 - so that's where they all were this morning. Giving you a hard time instead of me :roll:

:D:D

@ Wallace - naughty!

Edit: Added the missing 6 to Spen's name :roll:
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    complimented him on the dogs' turn-out & behaviour.

Any how did the ladies respond to your compliment?
    They were ladies on horses. They responded impeccably, much as one would expect of female horsey types. Search threads passim for more 'nice girls on horses' opinions of mine. :)
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Spen66 - so that's where they all were this morning. Giving you a hard time instead of me :roll:

@ Wallace - naughty!

How come I've been reduced to merely 66? what happened to the other 600?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • Dudu
    Dudu Posts: 4,637
    spen666 wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Spen66 - so that's where they all were this morning. Giving you a hard time instead of me :roll:

@ Wallace - naughty!

They rode into the valley of death.

With the hunting ladies.
    It's the Superman suit isn't it - told you it would work miracles.....
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    It's the Superman suit isn't it - told you it would work miracles.....
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    spen666 wrote:
    Cafewanda wrote:

@ Wallace - naughty!

:roll: There's a recession on, have you forgotten? Have to make reductions where applicable :) Just this once, I've amended it for you.
  • always_tyred
    always_tyred Posts: 4,965
    Wasn't expecting THAT from teh thread title, Spen.

Did you go to the pub at lunch time? "No, your honour!" :lol:
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    Spen do you realise you've cursed yourself with your comment, they'll all be gits now!

Last time I was out on my BSA B50 i slowed down for horses and the bloody thing seized