The cute girl I keep passing in the corridor

Comments

• dbmnk
    dbmnk Posts: 217
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Bhima wrote:
    Bhima definately has to be single he probably goes to bed wih his TT bike. Stroking it and wishing it was willhub :wink:

No, me and my TT bike are in seperate beds now, we had a bit of a fall-out. :(

Was it about who sleeps in the greasy patch? :wink:
    :lol:
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    adydow wrote:
    Stop worrying about how you strike up a conversation or the imlications..just say hello I keep seeing you just wondered what course your doing and could we go for a drink..simples!

Whatever you do don't impersonate a talking Russian meerkat while trying to chat her up.
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    hammerite wrote:
    adydow wrote:
    simples!

Whatever you do don't impersonate a talking Russian meerkat while trying to chat her up.

I've got the best mental image of you wearing a cravat and going up to her with a dodgy russian accent asking her if she wants to get together later to compare insurance.

meerkat.jpg
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Bhima wrote:
    Bhima definately has to be single he probably goes to bed wih his TT bike. Stroking it and wishing it was willhub :wink:

No, me and my TT bike are in seperate beds now, we had a bit of a fall-out. :(

Was it about who sleeps in the greasy patch? :wink:

:lol:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    I tell you I have laughed my a## off on these forums a few times and please don't get me wrong sylvestermorgan I am not belittling your woe, just that some of the comedy suggestions on here have had me literally crying with laughter, truly brilliant; the mix tape, crotch grab and the chloroform is legendary :lol:

Back to your woe however, if I were you mate I'd simply start by saying with confidence just hello, if you already smile at each other, then keep that up each time you see her for a couple of times, then you will feel much more at ease to start saying hi how are you and then eventually ask her if she wants to grab a coffee.

That or throw caution to the wind, tell her she's fit and ask her out on a date if she turns out to be single.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions everyone (comedy ones too!). Haven't seen her at all today so no opportunity to say hi as yet. Maybe tomorrow....
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone (comedy ones too!). Haven't seen her at all today so no opportunity to say hi as yet. Maybe tomorrow....
    You do know we're going to want regular updates?

And if all else fails email her a link to this thread...
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone (comedy ones too!). Haven't seen her at all today so no opportunity to say hi as yet. Maybe tomorrow....
    You do know we're going to want regular updates?

And if all else fails email her a link to this thread...

Or all turn up @ Aberystwyth uni. :lol:
    Justice for the 96
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    She reads the forum and has handed in her notice to escape the stalker :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • LOL. She's probably writing on some forum somewhere how to tell this guy who she keeps running into in the corridor to go away!
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    LOL. She's probably writing on some forum somewhere how to tell this guy who she keeps running into in the corridor to go away!

No dude, stay positive; if she's engaging you and smiling your halfway there...

When I was a uni many moons ago, in fact my first week there, I spotted this amazing looking lass.
    That week I did the whole cheesy riding passed her a couple of times whilst smiling thing (on my cheapo student bike; just thought I'd keep it slightly bike related there for you), which got a good smile back.
    A couple of days later I bumped in to her in town and we got chatting and that very night we played tonsil hockey and the next thing I know I'm going out with her!!
    OK, so 3 months down the line it ended and I realised she was a right slapper and in fact I didn't have the pulling power of Brad Pitt, she was just the easiest lass I have EVER met and would have had a go on Gandhi; but the principle remains of you don't know if you don't try!

We await your next bulletin with bated breath :wink:
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    nolf wrote:
    I've got the best mental image of you wearing a cravat and going up to her with a dodgy russian accent asking her if she wants to get together later to compare insurance.

Still, if you want to try and impress the ladies by impersonating characters from car insurance ads, you could do a lot worse. Not that I'm thinking of any Death Wish directors in particular.... :wink:

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    God has he poked it yet or what? Geez .........
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Yeah, come on, where are the minute-by-minute updates man? :evil:
  • If you watch The Inbetweeners for gods sake don't start doing yoda impressions it doesn't work no matter how cool you think he is in Clone wars :wink:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    God has he poked it yet or what? Geez .........

Exactly, come on man give us the ins and outs of the in and outs. You're not still practicing chat up lines in front of the mirror are you?
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    If you watch The Inbetweeners for gods sake don't start doing yoda impressions it doesn't work no matter how cool you think he is in Clone wars :wink:

Sticking with the sitcom analogy, perhaps the venture has reached Peep Show levels of seediness/failure/embarrassment and the original poster would rather not comment.....

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Leave him alone - he's busy...

donotdisturb.jpg
  • LOL! If the Meerkat doesn't work, there's always the chuchill dog impression, and if that doesn't make her run for the hills there's the ultra-cringeworthy Michael Winner adverts. Hmmm.

Back in the real world, like yesterday not seen about the place so nothing to report. The Sky News helicopter is hovering overhead ready to break the story should events progress!
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    She's still not there?... Best you check the obituary section in the local rag....

I don't want to be holding my breath unnessesarily now, do I? :roll:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    So Watson, it's the last two weeks in August and she hasn't been seen today or yesterday. Could it be she's on HOLIDAY?

With her boyfriend......... :cry:
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408

Please tell me you weren't about to burst into song with the lyrics for "The littlest hobo" theme tune?

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down,
    Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.
  • The Littlest Hobo, wasn't that the wolf-like dog that went around helping people before toddling off on his travels again?

An update, after a bit of fact-finding harnessing the power of Facebook, I was able to put a name to the face and then do some digging. Unfortunately said girl does indeed have a boyfriend so, as someone suggested, that probably explains where she is!

So, like the Littlest Hobo, until tomorrow we just keep moving on...

Anyway, thanks for all the encouraging messages, has amused me for the last few days. Back to talking about bikes now!
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    A little creepy that you've found out her name (and relationship status) on FB before actually talking to her. Hope she never reads this thread...
  • Monkeypump wrote:
    A little creepy that you've found out her name (and relationship status) on FB before actually talking to her. Hope she never reads this thread...

I wouldn't say so particularly. I got together with my ex thanks to Facebook, we vaguely knew each other around the university, she checked out my Facebook status, I checked out hers. We bumped into one another in town one night and away we went.

We're all on the same network here so, unless people impose privacy settings, everyone can see everyone's pages (if you know who you are looking for).
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    The Littlest Hobo, wasn't that the wolf-like dog that went around helping people before toddling off on his travels again?

An update, after a bit of fact-finding harnessing the power of Facebook, I was able to put a name to the face and then do some digging. Unfortunately said girl does indeed have a boyfriend so, as someone suggested, that probably explains where she is!

So, like the Littlest Hobo, until tomorrow we just keep moving on...

Anyway, thanks for all the encouraging messages, has amused me for the last few days. Back to talking about bikes now!

No, no, no, no... NO!

Get back on Facebook, find the boyfriends name, go around to his (when she's not there)... And F*ck him up!! :shock:
    Then continue on your quest to form a meaningful relationship with said young lady.

Failing that, post her Facebook details here, and the forumites will have a word with her, on your behalf :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Monkeypump wrote:

I wouldn't say so particularly. I got together with my ex thanks to Facebook, we vaguely knew each other around the university, she checked out my Facebook status, I checked out hers. We bumped into one another in town one night and away we went.

We're all on the same network here so, unless people impose privacy settings, everyone can see everyone's pages (if you know who you are looking for).

Fair point.

Certainly seems more effort than just saying hello... but I guess we're all past that point on this thread :)

EDIT - Actually, post a link to FB and we can all check her out :lol:
  • As I remember, the littlest hobo did not move on until the challenge was met. I can't remember him looking at the old folk in the burning building and saying, "#$%^ that, I off.
  • :lol:
    Unfortunately said girl does indeed have a boyfriend
    Yes, don't give up at the first obstacle; a real wolf-like stalker – er, I mean "determined admirer" – would simply interpret that info as her playing hard to get. :D
  • Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    Exactly. You've gone as far as stalking, why give up now? :lol:

If she's smiling at you, she might be bored of her boyfriend. ;)