things you don't see very often

facemunk
facemunk Posts: 55
edited August 2009 in Commuting chat
Last night, I'm pinging up the bus lane in Balham whilst beside me is a queue behind a bus which itself is behind lights. A car (naturally) pulls into the lane bang in front of me (thank the lord for the recent brakes servicing) simply so it could undertake the car in front and get a little closer to the bus... all so far, so normal on a London road.

Then the good bit. A cop car (that was about 3 cars behind) chucks on the blues and pulls the little sod over, with a thumbs up to me as I ride past! Love it.

:D

Comments

• Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    nice :D
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • Result facemunk. Good to see the cops on our side for once
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    On a similar note:

There's a stretch of road that runs alongside the A52 into Derby, it's a service road for the Industrial Commercial Estate there and obstensibly it's a dead end. However, coming from the other way you can access this road via a bus / cycle lane and a few of the locals use it as a rat run when the A52 is busy.

I've been hassled a few times down this stretch by people using it illegally as it's a single lane, curbed each side stretch - so you can't pass. They do try though.

Anyway - yesterday morning - I'm going the other way , the shared cycle / footpath and there's a police presence catching people using the rat run. :D They got a WVM and handing out tickets... I go past and give an audible "Yay!" to which you can hear this muffled "F*ck Off!" I laughed and so did the Police! :lol:
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    I overtook a nice looking lady on a uni-cycle heading down Newport Road a few months back - hasn't happened since!

Commuting on a uni-cycle - hard as...

Thank god I kept my scalp, I'd never have lived that down.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Riding the Bristol - Bath path a few weeks back and I can see this bike coming towards me with the riders face approx 12" higher than normal and moving from side to side. When we pass I realise its a unicycle with either 26" wheel or 29" wheel :shock:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.