EBay bike trailers

cyclistbruce
cyclistbruce Posts: 88
edited August 2009 in Family & kids cycling forum
Does anyone have any experience of the child trailer/strollers on ebay for about £70?
Looks too cheap to be true?!

Very long link follows

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHILD-BIKE-TRAILE ... 7C294%3A50

Comments

• andrewc3142
    andrewc3142 Posts: 906
    Nope, and yes, I'd agree. Burley and Chariot come in at the £350 mark or thereabouts. They may indeed be very sturdy and well made but just incredibly good value. On the other hand ...
  • Campy King
    Campy King Posts: 201
    Looks too cheap indeed and probably is. If you can stretch go for burley imo
  • jjojjas
    jjojjas Posts: 346
    its obviously the same manufacturer who do the edinburgh cycles one. ...except thats not a buggy, its just a trailer.
    I used it for 2 1/2 years without any problems.
    Jas
    it looks a bit steep to me.....
  • Hi ,
    I got a one of those cheap ones, they are imported from germany, and rust like a tin can at the first bit of damp,

I sold it back on ebay, later on in the month, but instead of spending loads on a Burley as i was going to, £350, there are some raleigh and bumper trailers that are pretty good, and they have good reviews as well,

Worth shopping around , and it depends how much your going to use it, when i enquired at www.bikesandtrailers.com, they state there is no burley products in the uk, due to import issues,
    SO CHECK STOCK first before ordering.

Regards
    Martin
  • CyclistBruce, where do you live? I've a Isla Rowntree trailerbike for sale at £100. I live in South Bucks. If you are interested I can send photos.

It's listed on Ebay and the CTC forum if you are interested.
  • AGNI
    AGNI Posts: 140
    Looks very similar to the ones for sale in Halfords

I bought one from halfords about 3 years ago and have been happy enough with it. I would say it all depends on how much you are going to use it. If your using it on a weekly basis, then its worth going the extra buck. For occassional use, then the halfords/ebay models may fit the bill.
    Still suffering with wind
  • fanny
    fanny Posts: 8
    I have a Halfords single-seater version. It is about eighteen months old, and is used two or three times a week. I also use it off-road with no problems.

If I were to gripe about it, then the clear plastic, rain-proof window at the front is not as see-through as it once was. Also, in heavy rain, and traveling through a lot of puddles, then water can soak up through the floor at the bottom. This only makes the foot area wet, though. The seating area stays dry.

I have been very pleased with my £65 purchase. It's light and nimble, and my three year old loves it.
  • After reading this thread, I absolutely knew wich trailer I was going to invest in. This Stellenmarkt thing has everything, and it is by far the best trailer/stroller out there! I rubbed the Stellenangebote little pad off the wheel release but thats the only complaint I have! If anybody is wondering wich trailer to get this is it!