The cute girl I keep passing in the corridor

Comments

• Bhima
    Bhima Posts: 2,145
    System wrote:

Those lines are terribly cheesy too and I can't think of a way in which they'd be said that would make them funny. I guess at least she'd not think you're boring, she'll just think you're a creep. Alluding to her being a tart that's trying to pick you up, or bringing up the subject of stalkers is a very good way of NOT getting a date.

Yeah, those lines are total BS, I was just struggling to find a good example. Although going about things that way is much more effective than having the "errr... i'm a nervous teenager who doesn't know what to say" attitude.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Ask her if it hurt when she fell from heaven.

Putty in your hands after that matey, :wink::wink:
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Once a cutie babe at work said to me whilst I beavered away in world of my own at my own desk:

"You looked stunned?"

I replied, "That's because you're stunning...."

:roll: :wink: .

Suffice to say that.......

Play mildly interested but don't throw yourself at her, keep the conversation normal and easy and providing you don't mention the stalking or your webbed feet you should be fine. Asking her out will be natural as she may be thinking the same thing. Check she doesn't already have a boyfriend or ring on her finger?

A faint heart never won fair lady....
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • dilemna wrote:
    Once a cutie babe at work said to me whilst I beavered away in world of my own at my own desk:

"You looked stunned?"

I replied, "That's because you're stunning...."

:roll: :wink: .

Suffice to say that.......

Play mildly interested but don't throw yourself at her, keep the conversation normal and easy and providing you don't mention the stalking or your webbed feet you should be fine. Asking her out will be natural as she may be thinking the same thing. Check she doesn't already have a boyfriend or ring on her finger?

A faint heart never won fair lady....

Or just ask if she'd like to see your elephant impression.
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Say to her:

"They say the best way to get a woman in bed is to make them laugh. I do it all the time, its just when I do get them into bed, they just can't stop laughing!"

Wassamatterwithyouanyway?

Tell her that you see her all the time, you think she's the best looking girl here and you have no idea what to say to her and i'll be in the student bar later on if you fancy meeting up !
    Whats the worst that could happen ?
    (answers on a post card please)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Can't you just ask her to go for a coffee or something?
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    edited August 2009
    Whats the worst that could happen ?

Pregnancy.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    Can't you just ask her to go for a coffee or something?
    No no no!

You ask her to go for a coffe and something.
  • alp777
    alp777 Posts: 211
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Make her a mix tape.

Brilliant! :lol:
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    Can't you just ask her to go for a coffee or something?
    No no no!

You ask her to go for a coffe and something.

Don't think too hard about it, just do it.

"Fancy a tea or coffee? I'm parched....."

There you go. Simples :D .
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Wow!, this has moved on since I was here yesterday. Lots of good advice and I did laugh at the Masters and PhD thing. It probably goes along the same lines as the idea that having an undergraduate degree is your best earning potential - do a Masters and it it drops, do a PhD and it drops even further. She must be finishing this autumn and so do I so who knows where things go from there. Anyhow, they've just done up the Masters study room which I know she uses, so I might wander in there next week to see what they've done with the place, and see where the conversation leads!
  • Anyhow, they've just done up the Masters study room which I know she uses, so I might wander in there next week to see what they've done with the place, and see where the conversation leads!

"So. I see you've just had the decorators in."
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • mgcycleguy
    mgcycleguy Posts: 292
    Anyhow, they've just done up the Masters study room which I know she uses, so I might wander in there next week to see what they've done with the place, and see where the conversation leads!

.... :lol::lol::lol:
  • LazyBoycp
    LazyBoycp Posts: 320
    Anyhow, they've just done up the Masters study room which I know she uses, so I might wander in there next week to see what they've done with the place, and see where the conversation leads!

:lol::lol: Quality. Your avatar and sig sem very appropriate.
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Say hello to her.

DUH!!
  • AndyRubio wrote:
    Say hello to her.

DUH!!

But don't go DUH!! after saying hello :wink:

Seriously upgrading from eye contact and a smile to actually saying hi to her will move things on. Just make sure you have a good cough firt and clear the old throat. You want a nice clear manly "Hi " otherwise she'll think your just another geek on the corridor.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    Grab your crotch, start gyrating your hips and making deep grunting noises. If she's up for it you're in, if she looks horrified, well it saved you wasting your time.

And, being a PhD student and socially aware of the likely consequences, you will, of course, already have prepared an amusing explanation for (a) the Uni authorities (esp. the sexual harassment unit) and/or (b) the police :wink:

By the way, women are also human beings, not another species**, so try saying hello

**Tho' it does not, necessarily, make them easy to understand.

And do try to drool internally. Spraying saliva while speaking is believed to be off-putting, or, worse still, may give the impression you have come straight from pleasuring another lady
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Loving some of these responses.

Quagmire should be seen as an inspiration to.
    Try following his example, and there are numerous ones, to succesfully initiate the gigidy gigidy.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    ask her if she smokes the bone on the first date :twisted:
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • I wonder just how many of the wisdom givers on here are still single. At least 90% i would bet. Bhima definately has to be single he probably goes to bed wih his TT bike. Stroking it and wishing it was willhub :wink:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Has this thread has a request for pictures yet?
  • Bhima
    Bhima definately has to be single he probably goes to bed wih his TT bike. Stroking it and wishing it was willhub :wink:

No, me and my TT bike are in seperate beds now, we had a bit of a fall-out. :(
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Bhima wrote:
    Bhima definately has to be single he probably goes to bed wih his TT bike. Stroking it and wishing it was willhub :wink:

Was it about who sleeps in the greasy patch? :wink:
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    just do more exercise, being a PhD student you don't have time for a life and doing your PhD properly...

I'm just not doing it properly... ask her out for coffee, say you want to get to know her, then stop look horrified and say, oh no, that sounded horribly sleazy, and run away really shy...
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Bhima wrote:

Who had the higher *cough* cadance? :wink:
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Crapaud wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    Bhima wrote:

Who had the higher *cough* cadance? :wink:
    What do you mean I can't put my banana there?
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    Find out where she lives and instigate numerous bike crashes outside her house until she sees you in a tangled heap. The Florence Nightingale instinct then kicks in and it's just a matter of time before she's bed bathing you.
  • Bhima
    Nuggs wrote:
    What do you mean I can't put my banana there?
    and we have a winner! :lol:
  • adydow
    adydow Posts: 92
    Stop worrying about how you strike up a conversation or the imlications..just say hello I keep seeing you just wondered what course your doing and could we go for a drink..simples!

You don't have impress her with some ground breaking unique comment or chat up line...pay her a complement, :roll: Not I like your tits..something like your really pretty or you have a lovely smile.

If she looks at you like your an idiot then ask if she fancies a shag! :lol:
    Of course its about the bike! Although having the legs helps.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    The weekend's over. Get it together and say something. Anything. :wink::wink: