1st 40 miler

adydow
adydow Posts: 92
edited August 2009 in Road beginners
After going out last for a curry and drinking rather to much I decided to try my new Assos shorts and new Shimano jersey out and ride fro Colwyn Bay to Betws Y Coed and back Via Bryn Y Maen, :roll not the best route on a windy day mut I really enjoyed the ride and pleased with achieving another mile stone. Its rather addictive this Roadie lark aint it! :D
Of course its about the bike! Although having the legs helps.

Comments

• Tony666
    Tony666 Posts: 274
    so you did 40 miles straight after a curry and few pints? All power to you! But you might give 'Assos' a new definition!
  • 211dave112
    211dave112 Posts: 125
    was in the same boat as you this morning! only did 20 miles though, took the old man out with me! and it was bloody windy.

40 miles post curry and beer is out of my reach for now i think!!! :lol:
  • FeynmanC
    FeynmanC Posts: 649
    Congrats to you - i did my first 40 miles yesterday too - such a good feeling to break a milestone isn't it?

Mine was done going several times around the Millennium Circuit in Milton Keynes for a charity thing at work. I'd have done another circuit, but I got (yet another) puncture and decided to call it quits after 3 rounds.

I have got to get some better tyres!
    us0.png
  • adydow
    adydow Posts: 92
    I waited till lunch time and read some of Tour de Force to get me motivated andI filled my water bottles with energy drink and used my free haribo's from wiggle & granola bar to fuel me, will have to add the great orme into the mix on that ride for the next milestone which will be 50miler..although that should take it to 56 miles I reckon. Aching a bit for the first few hours, but starting to loosen now.
    Of course its about the bike! Although having the legs helps.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    I'm not suprised it was a windy ride, after the curry & booze! :wink:
    ...at least the wind will have been behind you all the way! :lol:
    Cycling weakly