My £1,300 bike is worth £20...and I'm happy! :0)

snooks
snooks Posts: 1,521
edited August 2009 in Commuting chat
The final payment from our ride 2 work scheme has come through, and my Felt Z65 RRP £1,299 when I bought it last year has plummeted to a "fair market value" of £20 +VAT in just 12 months.

So my final payment is £23

Nevermind eh? :D

Now I'm just wondering if I should get another bike when it comes around at the end of the month :wink:
FCN:5, 8 & 9
If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
THE Game
Watch out for HGVs

Comments

• amnezia
    amnezia Posts: 590
    hmm, my final payment was £0.01
  • Jamey
    Jamey Posts: 2,152
    My C2W scheme comes around again soon. Wish I had room in my one-bedroom (non-garden) flat for more than one bike, I'd get another like a shot. Probably an out-and-out roadie this time for weekends, then keep the Tricross for commuting.

If only... Sigh.
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    Jamey wrote:
    My C2W scheme comes around again soon. Wish I had room in my one-bedroom (non-garden) flat for more than one bike, I'd get another like a shot. Probably an out-and-out roadie this time for weekends, then keep the Tricross for commuting.

If only... Sigh.

Do it, do it, do it.

2 bikes next to each other take up no more space than one on it's own.

According to space saving experts, the fact that there are two bikes in the space actually make it look like you have MORE room.

Disclaimer - This may not actually be true.
  • Jamey
    My parents did say they were clearing out the garage a bit...
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    Get a conservatory. Thats where my best bikes live. The rest are in the garage

I realise it may be difficult to attach a consertatory to a flat but where there's a will there's a way :wink:
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Seriously, due to handlebars, the second bike does actually take up piss all room if you do them top to tail...

Got 4 bikes and two frames in a space of a standard bookshelf.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Karen sleeps in my bedroom. There is something very soothing waking up to the sun beaming on a naked lovely Italian (bike) in the morning. :D
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Jamey wrote:

If only... Sigh.

have you looked at those standing bike racks? assuming your keeping the bike inside?
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Harry B wrote:
    Get a conservatory. Thats where my best bikes live. The rest are in the garage

I realise it may be difficult to attach a consertatory to a flat but where there's a will there's a way :wink:

I keep mine in the conservatory too, but its been too hot in there the past few evenings.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    snooks wrote:
    The final payment from our ride 2 work scheme has come through, and my Felt Z65 RRP £1,299 when I bought it last year has plummeted to a "fair market value" of £20 +VAT in just 12 months.

So my final payment is £23

Nevermind eh? :D

Now I'm just wondering if I should get another bike when it comes around at the end of the month :wink:

By strange coincidence the finanl payment on the Giant is also £23.00 - have I been stiffed ?
    Already got the new bike :):)
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I'm probably moving soon, panicking about finding enough space to house my 4 babies!
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Karen sleeps in my bedroom. There is something very soothing waking up to the sun beaming on a naked lovely Italian (bike) in the morning. :D

Wouldn't want the Voodoo sleeping in my bedroom - it might eat me during the night
  • Jamey
    have you looked at those standing bike racks? assuming your keeping the bike inside?

Not an option, I'm afraid.

The bike can't live in the flat itself - it's stored in the communal hallway immediately after the front door and it's too narrow for any more than one bike. Even if I topped and tailed (to negate the handlebars width of the second bike) it would be a problem as it would restrict the front door opening. Currently it's ok because I keep the rear of my Tricross facing towards the end of the hallway with the front door, so the handlebars don't get hit by the door every time someone flings it open after staggering home with shopping bags.

It would have to be my folks' garage or nothing.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    Jamey wrote:

Not an option, I'm afraid.

The bike can't live in the flat itself - it's stored in the communal hallway immediately after the front door and it's too narrow for any more than one bike. Even if I topped and tailed (to negate the handlebars width of the second bike) it would be a problem as it would restrict the front door opening. Currently it's ok because I keep the rear of my Tricross facing towards the end of the hallway with the front door, so the handlebars don't get hit by the door every time someone flings it open after staggering home with shopping bags.

It would have to be my folks' garage or nothing.

How high is your hallway ceiling? How about one of those rack pulley thingie systems that means the bike hangs from the ceiling?

I've got one. Pity the ceiling's too high for me to be able to fit it. :roll:
  • Jamey
    Probably not quite high enough to make it worthwhile. The bottom of the wheels would still be lower than shoulder-height even when the bike was fully hoisted.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Where does the Xbox live DDD eh! :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    itboffin wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:

Where does the Xbox live DDD eh! :roll:

Living room and that's the thing my GF has monopoly over the TV with her soaps. So I don't spend all that often playing it/watching TV.

We decided to only have one TV in the flat....

(I knew it was you!)
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • snooks
    I've got a back room, with 3 bikes (1 road, 1 rainy rusty comuuter, 1 MTB), the mother of all wine (too many to count) AND whisky (28 bottles at the last count) collections. :shock:

In there is also a sofa, and a 36inch CRT TV, that weighs 90kg, not worth getting rid of it so it's connected to my play station and DVD player with surround sound :D

There is just enough room to get to the wine at the mo, but I quite fancy a SS....hmmmm

If I get another bike, I'll have to move every time I want bottle of wine
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    I'll give you £30 for it, how's that? :)
  • snooks
    Let me just think about that for a second. NO! :wink:

In spite of the miles I've done on it, it still looks fresh out of the shop :)[/quote]
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs