What do you do that ISN'T cycling?

Comments

• Work...the curse of the drinking classes :evil: :cry:
    "With just a little luck
    A little cold blue steel
    I'll cut the night like a razor blade
    Till I feel the way I wanna feel"
    [Cheap Trick]
  • Playing football, lifting some weights (but I havent done that in a few weeks) music, just learning to play guitar and speak french. Pretty big reading fan too. Pyromania...oops did I just say that out loud?
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    edited August 2009
    I like to surf. Especially when I'm the only one out.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • grayo59
    grayo59 Posts: 722
    HOBBIES

Visit Preserved Railways (esp SVR/WSR)
    Walk/Scramble in Brecons and Snowdonia
    Own and ride a 1979 Suzuki GS850 (Should I buy a Triumph Thruxton or Streetfighter 675?
    Collect American HO railway stuff and have British 00 layout under construction
    British and Commonwealth stamps - Pre British decimalisation.
    Chop wood for log burner
    ash68 wrote:
    gym 3 times a week for weight training, watch the odd game of football, support Sunderland, but we won't discuss that after saturday's result. :oops: :cry: Reading,gardening and surfing the 'net.

I will raise my head above the parapet as another Mackem, in the rather dim and dubious light of a last minute win on saturday :lol:

Oh and i also keep chickens :shock:
    We are born with the dead:
    See, they return, and bring us with them.
  • markyboy...CHAPEAUX! :lol:
    dangerous jules.
  • markyboy...CHAPEAUX! :lol:

Hats? :?
  • feel
    feel Posts: 800
    Markyboy - (great post on page 4) did you have an identical twin who you were separated from at birth because i'm pretty much the same :lol:
  • feel wrote:
    Markyboy - (great post on page 4) did you have an identical twin who you were separated from at birth because i'm pretty much the same :lol:

I wish I could claim that as all my own work, however It is stolen from an email I was once sent.

The legend is that some kid put all of this on his application for university in the states. I think it is a classic.

I did once put it on my self assessment form at my previous company just before I was planning to leave anyway.

Loved the look on the directors face! :lol:
  • feel
    feel Posts: 800
    feel wrote:

I wish I could claim that as all my own work, however It is stolen from an email I was once sent.

The legend is that some kid put all of this on his application for university in the states. I think it is a classic.

I did once put it on my self assessment form at my previous company just before I was planning to leave anyway.

Loved the look on the directors face! :lol:

So the search for my identical brother goes on :wink:

My lad is applying to university at the moment. I don't think i'll share it with him. Knowing him he'd probably use it . :lol:
  • grayo59
    grayo59 Posts: 722
    Good find Markyboy! Chapeaux indeed!
    Mountain Biking!
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • Play lots of Call of Duty 4 :D
  • webbhost
    webbhost Posts: 470
    Besides biking... Flying model helicopters, webdesign, listen to music and WORK WORK WORK...... :(

The helicopters are cool tho :)
  • Try to convince my wife that our son wants toys that I really want instead.
    Besides that, learning to speak French, reading, movies
  • Jeff Jones
    Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
    Drink. Write. Repeat.
    Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    nice one Jeff.

enjoy music and build racing cars.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • zoggz
    zoggz Posts: 58
    running,gym ,taking kids out,learning guitar.acoustic and bass +work 3 shifts lol+wouldnt mind a crack a t triathlon.-when i take kids swimming maybe i could practice the swimming bit lol
  • Aggieboy
    Error
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • sit around worrying that i should be out training, or at least on the turbo. :oops:
    Oh and try to lose weight.
    "If you think you can, or if you think you can't, your right" Henry Ford
  • Aggieboy
    sit around worrying that i should be out training, or at least on the turbo. :oops:

You could always update your blog. :wink:
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    as cycling is now starting to take me over i shall try to remember what else i used to do before this happened.

The other thing taking over my life is work - the clever bastards gave me the job which i always wanted - Environmental Manager. Now I work every hour they let me - developing policy, finding intiatives, persuading our staff to be eco friendly, etc. and there's the added benefit that I cycle to all my site visits these days.

aprt from that - i write a Blog - and have been for 5 years or so trying to write quite a serious book about modern history but keep getting side-tracked.

Music - always have an MP3 player with me - so much more convenient than lugging around CDs - now I always have my music library with me wherever I go.

Gigs - these days I mostly go to see The Fall, Gary Numan, and visiting American country acts.

Reading - I've always got about 5 books on the go.

Film - get through about 3 or 4 films a week.

comedy - there's nothing that beats live stand-up in a little club.

Fortean stuff - weirdness has always been an obsession of mine from being into UFOs when I was 11, to now - interested in conspiracy theories - where do they come from - why do people believe them - are any of them true?
  • Aggieboy wrote:
    sit around worrying that i should be out training, or at least on the turbo. :oops:

You could always update your blog. :wink:

What can i say, you are right my friend. I have been remiss and unworthy in my task as blog master. I shall endeavour to update after training tonight.8)
    "If you think you can, or if you think you can't, your right" Henry Ford
  • Eat too much and watch too much tv.
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    In order of "importance" (to me)

For fun:

Surf
    Run
    MTB ride (sort of not cycling to roadies)
    Play on the boat - waterski, whizz to the pub, etc
    Open water swim
    Weights (at home now)
    Upsetting almost everyone on any internet forum without meaning to

Out of necessity but still fun:

Walk the dog (but usually run with her)
    Look after the little boy (10 months old)
    Run a company
    Admire the wife
    Look after the slightly OTT garden ("extreme" gardening)

Plus the usual enjoyment of food, nice wine, etc
  • BigDarbs
    BigDarbs Posts: 132
    Motorcycle track days on my Ducati 996SPS.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    refereeing football, working with sea cadets and scouty things.
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    edited August 2009
    1 - Make sarcastic comments on internet forums.
    2 - Listen to music. On this.

Overview.jpg

3 - Food and booze.
  • Mithras
    Mithras Posts: 428
    As of Monday, I did my first bit of film work. Got a call to take part in the combat scenes for the new Ridley Scott / Russell Crowe Blockbuster Nottingham (Robin Hood). Trip down to Pinewood Studios and a couple of hours spent in the watter tank battering some Frenchie for God and St George!

:lol:
    I can afford to talk softly!....................I carry a big stick!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Tinkering with and driving my kit car (Dax Rush 3.5 V8 :P ) (it spends a lot of time in bits :roll: )
    Tinkering with my bikes.
    Re-building (with correct vintage parts) a 1993 AMP Research B2 full sus mtb.
    PS3
    Skiing
    trudging around the new house, doing DIY etc that the girlfriend want's doing !
    oh..... and work work work, apparently we're in recession, but no one told my customers !!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved