Bikehike - How do you delete a route

doyler78
doyler78 Posts: 1,951
edited August 2009 in Road beginners
Can you as I can't work it out?

Comments

• Essex Man
    Essex Man Posts: 283
    Do you mean delete one you've uploaded as opposed to clear route?
  • doyler78
    Essex Man wrote:
    Do you mean delete one you've uploaded as opposed to clear route?

Yep - one I've created and uploaded.
  • Essex Man
    Essex Man Posts: 283
    From the help...

"I will, from time to time, delete all courses named "test route" or similar - or with a "please delete" description. So if you want to experiment, please feel free."

So I guess this means you can't (unless you named your route with one of the above phrases!)
  • doyler78
    Essex Man wrote:
    From the help...

"I will, from time to time, delete all courses named "test route" or similar - or with a "please delete" description. So if you want to experiment, please feel free."

So I guess this means you can't (unless you named your route with one of the above phrases!)

Thanks. I can rename the routes. Another problem though is that you can save the routes without logging in also which means you can't rename those ones and it is quite easy to forget to log in as there is no automatic log in feature but still prefer this site to the rest though.
  • ScottieP
    ScottieP Posts: 599
    When I first used the site I created a route from my house and back and saved it not realising it was then a public route. I emailed the guy who runs the site and he kindly deleted it for me. It's a shame you can save your own routes - but I still think this is a fantastic site (used it today to plot a ride in fact). It works out of the UK too - my mate in Melbourne now uses it for all his rides.

ScottieP
    My cycling blog: http://girodilento.com/
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Just email the guy (his address is on the site somewhere) telling him your user name and the routes you want to delete. He's done it for me in the past and usually within a day or two.
    More problems but still living....
  • doyler78
    amaferanga wrote:
    Just email the guy (his address is on the site somewhere) telling him your user name and the routes you want to delete. He's done it for me in the past and usually within a day or two.

Thanks. Wasn't sure if he would appreciate such requests as I'm sure it's not a full time job and thus his time is probably limited.