Married, long-term relationship...

2»

Comments

• mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    jswba wrote:
    npowell28 wrote:
    Buy a pink bike, tell her that you have bought it for her so that you can enjoy quality time together.

Planet X do a nice pink carbon number.

Phil at Cyclefit has a lovely Pink/Navy steel Serotta and they did have a Pink MeiVici in stock a while back :D
    M.Rushton
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    buy it - when she notices it then try the old "what? - that old thing? had it ages - you don't pay any attention to me .. blah blah".

or you could try the classic " I found it"
  • jibberjim wrote:
    You can easily fit 8 bikes and 2 people in a London flat... we manage it, you just have to make sure you never have more bikes than your partner... 4 each is perfectly reasonable. Also helps if you make sure she's the better cyclist.

So all I can really suggest is get another partner who cycles more?

yep, I'd agree with that - we had 4 bikes in our tiny Bath flat before we moved, and now have 2 bikes indoors, 4 and a bit in a shed (well, some frames) now it is a case of stopping egging each other on before we become really poor:
    "Yes dear, of course you need a boutique custom steel frame, in the same way I desperately need a Ti mountain bike."

(Trek,Trek,Cannondale,on-one,Kinesis,Kinesis, and 2 Trek frames)
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    I must be lucky. I have recently sold one so down to three and she tried to talk me out of that! I have a good woman, she never says you don't need that and never complains about the training!
    By the sounds of it you are with the wrong person, if she loves you why would she want to stop you in your hobby that you love? And stand up for yourselves you lot you are a poor excuse for men!
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    Type a letter to yourself telling you that you've won a bike in a C+ competition. Naturally there will be no cash alternative, so you have no option but to (Reluctantly) accept the prize.

i've actually done that! When i was a kid and really wanted an xbox but parents wouldn't let me have one. 8)
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    I really don't get all this subterfuge. I just say "yup It's a new bike isn't it nice, dear let me know if you want me to build one for you" works a treat.
    Maybe I;m just married to someone who understands :wink:
  • Tora75
    Tora75 Posts: 40
    Not being funny but i would(and i do) have 2 bikes its not upto my other half!She has tons of shoes which i dont moan about or question.I think its time men starting sticking up for themselves again lol........
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Reading this thread makes me appreciate the Missus even more. She puts up with piles of bike mags (and me reading them for hours), me out riding for hours, me telling (boring) her about new bikes and she even buys ME new kit for b'days/anniversaries etc :D

Oh sh**, she's having an affair isn't she?! :(
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • lfcquin
    lfcquin Posts: 470
    6 bikes at last count and when I can't buy me one, I buy one for the wife, so our double count is 8 bikes. She actually ENCOURAGES me to buy more bikes, says it is good for my soul and I look as happy as a pig in sh*t after I have been riding. I have friends who's wives are not as understanding. My advice is make friends with someone who has LOTS of bikes then you having two doesn't seem too bad does it... :D
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    jibberjim wrote:
    You can easily fit 8 bikes and 2 people in a London flat... we manage it, you just have to make sure you never have more bikes than your partner... 4 each is perfectly reasonable. Also helps if you make sure she's the better cyclist.

So all I can really suggest is get another partner who cycles more?

yep, I'd agree with that - we had 4 bikes in our tiny Bath flat before we moved, and now have 2 bikes indoors, 4 and a bit in a shed (well, some frames) now it is a case of stopping egging each other on before we become really poor:
    "Yes dear, of course you need a boutique custom steel frame, in the same way I desperately need a Ti mountain bike."

(Trek,Trek,Cannondale,on-one,Kinesis,Kinesis, and 2 Trek frames)

Eeek, so frames should be counted? That would mean 10 then, and I do really need a TT bike, and she needs a cyclocross bike... I mean that's entire aspects of the sport we're missing out on!
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/