Sky Kit

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
edited August 2009 in Pro race
I read in Cycling Weekly I think it was that it is looking possible/likely that Team Sky will be riding Giant bikes and wearing Adidas kit; as Adidas are looking to break back in to the cycling world in a big way.

Wondered if anyone has read any other reports on what Adidas may have up their sleeve or thoughts or preferences on if the colour scheme of the Team Sky kit will be similar to that of the Sky HD kit earlier in the year or more likely be in the Sky brand red, white and blue?

And for that that matter do you think a British team in red, white and blue kit is a bit much or a patriotic obvious?

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I'm guessing as ugly as Astana. Unfortunately. Giant are one step up the ugly ladder but still near the bottom.

However, a Sabbath bike could be on the cards and at least they are a bit original.

Uk Road Team ride them:

1234194237602-pyugl17wh6my-500-90-500-70.jpg

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/n ... ched-20325
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Would Sabbath have the means to sponsor a Pro Tour team though?

Personally, I can't imagine the kit being high on the fashion stakes, but I hope I'm wrong.
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • frenchfighter
    Good point Jez - I have no idea but would imagine it is highly unlikely.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    However, a Sabbath bike could be on the cards and at least they are a bit original.

That bike looks horrible. Is that a synonym for original? :D
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • frenchfighter
    It is ugly but I would like to see a painted version much more than a Giant, Spec, Trek...
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    OK, yeah, I suppose a fully painted-up one would look a lot more presentable. As you were, then. =)
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    i just hope they take a leaf out of Cervelo/Castelli's book and keep everything understated, neat, slick and very cool...
  • mgcycleguy
    mgcycleguy Posts: 292
    Considering a key target market for Sky is Italy... I would imagine they will keep clear of Red/White/Blue ... my money would be on the Blue HD style kits... HD is real important for Sky (and interestingly in Italy I think F1 is broadcast on SKY... and proper F1 HD is happening very soon, again in Italy I think Sky braodcast the SD signal boosted on their HD platform)

(Maybe the Blue kit with possibly little national flags with their name, at the top of the back... I noticed this I think on Columbia) ?
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Moomaloid wrote:
    i just hope they take a leaf out of Cervelo/Castelli's book and keep everything understated, neat, slick and very cool...

Couldn't agree more, that would be great.
  • I saw two f them out on Sunday. Yhey were in kit which looked like team GB kit but had sky written on instead. Don't know who they were.
    Dan
  • Woodchip
    Woodchip Posts: 205
    I would imagine something like this...
    19805.jpg
    With the sky logo on the front.
    I have nothing more to say on the matter.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I saw two f them out on Sunday. Yhey were in kit which looked like team GB kit but had sky written on instead. Don't know who they were.

Those would not be Team Sky riders. Those would be regular GB riders (as SKY have their name on the national kit now also). Nothing to do with the pro team.
  • Would it look something like this?..........

VictoriaPendletoninSkykit.jpg

( My chance for a gratuitous Pendleton pic )
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • Too many black or blue kits already. British racing green please.
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Now that British Cycling has taken Murdoch's dirty money it would be appropriate for the jersey to represent both what 'Sky' has to offer and the influence of it's owner. On the back there could be a collage of pictures representing Sky TV's output: a picture of a footballer, a Nazi and a shark would probably be most suitable given that so much of Sky TV's sport and 'documentary' output seems to focus on these subjects. On the front there should be a 'Big Brother' style portrait of Murdoch, although perhaps the ladies kit could also borrow from Murdoch's Sun with the words 'Phwoar' across the chest and Murdoch's ugly mug on the back of the jersey instead.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    On the back there could be a collage of pictures representing Sky TV's output: a picture of a footballer, a Nazi and a shark would probably be most suitable
    I'm guessing but I reckon you're not a subscriber? :wink:

I'm not too bothered about the kit. Maybe a full union jack or some tartan shorts? No, I suspect the kit will be tasteful and modern, no "Euro" lime green or pink allowed or weird Columbia patters. One benefit is that this won't be "Sky presented by X with A, B and C as co sponsors" so the kit can be a lot simpler than some squads.
  • You wouldn;t be talking abput Serramenti Androni Diqiugio....Sella Italia, would you?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    You wouldn;t be talking abput Serramenti Androni Diqiugio....Sella Italia, would you?
    Guavaberry Golf anyone?
    IJZTPQBBJPDJBGF.20090420194215.jpg
  • Now that British Cycling has taken Murdoch's dirty money it would be appropriate for the jersey to represent both what 'Sky' has to offer and the influence of it's owner. On the back there could be a collage of pictures representing Sky TV's output: a picture of a footballer, a Nazi and a shark would probably be most suitable given that so much of Sky TV's sport and 'documentary' output seems to focus on these subjects. On the front there should be a 'Big Brother' style portrait of Murdoch, although perhaps the ladies kit could also borrow from Murdoch's Sun with the words 'Phwoar' across the chest and Murdoch's ugly mug on the back of the jersey instead.

You've forgotten to add a 'GOTCHA' in large letters too.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Too many black or blue kits already. British racing green please.

That would blend in nicely with the countryside, perfect for replica kits!

Far better would be a nice garish pattern, like the Mapei kits!
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • frenchfighter
    Sky.png
    Contador is the Greatest
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    That looks a bit officialm then. Where did you find that ?

Oh its one of the entries on the comic. Real jersey probably wont be as cool !
  • frenchfighter
    It is someone's idea. As you say, it will most likely be less attractive than this one.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    No! Please! Not MORE blue! I'm allergic to the blues
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman