Can wired bike computers have interference?

LuCAs...
LuCAs... Posts: 13
edited August 2009 in Road beginners
Hi,
I went out on a ride today and having checked my cateye, it says i reached a maiximum of 52.4 mph. Bit unsure whether to believe this though as i dont remember where or when i could have gone that fast. At first i thought it might be interference, but its a wired computer and wasnt sure if that could happen?
Any ideas.. ?

Comments

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    Unlikely to be interference but possibly your battery could be on its way out, this has been the case for me with the wired computers I've owned as the battery has just enough power to look like its functioning but it starts to throw up random readings.
  • timb64
    timb64 Posts: 248
    Mine gets interference from the security barriers at supermarkets(70mph outside the Budgen in Aylsham last week is the record!!)
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    Yes, they can. When my bike is near the doors on the train the computer fairly regularly shows a top speed of 90 mph when I get off, and I think I'd remember if I'd been pedalling up and down the carriage att 90 mph.

When I got my Cateye Singleshot light there was a note with it warning that the flashing mode could interfere with wireless computers, and it did.
  • Mine , wireless VDO always goes mad at same spot on early morning commute, highest yet 55.3mph (uphill(
  • Yes in my short experience. I bought a cateye double wireless. The batteries are brand new.

Anywhere near the laptop and it's 60mph straight away.. My brothers house i lean bike against a wall and everytime i do it 55mph guaranteed.

I now leave it in the playroom out of the way of wireless laptops, printers, routers, ps3's, wii'2, wireless alarms etc...

What annoyed me is i had a 46mph max genuine down a wicked hill but the 60mph interfereance wiped it out :cry:
    Account requested to be deleted
  • Yes in my short experience. I bought a cateye double wireless. The batteries are brand new.

Anywhere near the laptop and it's 60mph straight away.. My brothers house i lean bike against a wall and everytime i do it 55mph guaranteed.

I now leave it in the playroom out of the way of wireless laptops, printers, routers, ps3's, wii'2, wireless alarms etc...

What annoyed me is i had a 46mph max genuine down a wicked hill but the 60mph interfereance wiped it out :cry:
    Account requested to be deleted