Recommend some shorts

Thorin
Thorin Posts: 3
edited August 2009 in XC and Enduro
I need some new shorts, what are your recommendations? Possibly looking at singletracks 3/4 or just normal length, but a bit over budget I would rather pay £50 for shorts and an padded liner. Or are the singletrack that good?

In advance, many thanks.

Comments

• Zeroman_IR
    Zeroman_IR Posts: 290
    Endura Humvees, normal length or 3/4 are within your budget.
  • Sir HC
    Sir HC Posts: 20,148
    The singletracks are very good, well made, comfy.
    Intense Socom
    Inbred
  • Thorin
    Thorin Posts: 3
    Only other thing I forgot to mention is I wear 661 Kyle Strait knee pads, so am I right in thinking that I would not be able to get the Hummvee 3/4's?
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Liner aside, the Hummvees are a pretty average pair of shorts. Not bad in any way but basically you are paying for the liner which is also pretty average.

IMO the Singletracks are a much better pair of baggies per se and the MT500s are better still, although they are very riding-specific and not at all casual.

Give the 3/4 a miss.
  • Zeroman_IR
    Zeroman_IR Posts: 290
    Thorin wrote:
    Only other thing I forgot to mention is I wear 661 Kyle Strait knee pads, so am I right in thinking that I would not be able to get the Hummvee 3/4's?

I wear the 661 Evo knee pads with the Humvee 3/4s and they're a little bulkier than the Kyle Straits, though more comfortable.
  • reevie25
    reevie25 Posts: 254
    I have a pair of Endura Humvee's. Their a great pair of shorts and so comfy. Tons of pockets. :D
  • Daniel23
    Daniel23 Posts: 75
    Specialized Enduro shorts are awesome, pay the extra few quid... well worth it
    The New Guy
  • What are the benefits of baggies? I've only worn lycras up to press (don't laugh) and find them comfy and feel ready to ride fast when wearing them. I did get a bit of good natured stick at the weekend for my "individual" ridewear. I could have put some baggy shorts over my lycras but that would have been crazy as it was a scorcher.
  • .blitz wrote:
    Give the 3/4 a miss.

I don't agree - I really like 3/4 length shorts! I wear them with Kyle knee protectors and find them great all year round!