Zipvit offer

2»

Comments

• I too got the cat-breath from the Fish OIl tablets, so no more of them. Vits i'll be ordering some more of, same with the bars.

Not tried the energy drinks yet, but the recovery one was ok. Not normally a fan of those though.

As for the gel, can't see anything tempting me away from Gu's Espresso Love.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • DomPro
    DomPro Posts: 321
    Received my box today. Will try and use some this weekend and report back with my opinions. Probably won't bother with the multi-vit tablets and omega-3. I already take Centrum multi-vits and I'm a bit dubious of these free tiny yellow tabs.
    Shazam !!
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Got mine yesterday.

Used the blackcurrant energy drink tonight more for the taste than to test whether it actually worked. To be honest it is pretty easy to make an energy drink so taste and how it sits in my stomach is the over riding concern. I thought it was awful tasting. To lightly flavoured. It just tasted like weakly flavoured water and I hate flavoured water so its not for me.

Tried the chocolate recovery bar and that is really, really nice. Its actually nicer than most bars of chocolate I have eaten. Would definitely try those again after a hard effort.

The strawberry energy was ok but wouldn't make me give up my clif bar carrot cake which is really nice.

The chocolate recovery drink was like the energy drink was too weakly flavoured for my tastes and had an after taste which I didn't like.

The cervelo bottle seemed to make energy drink hot quite quickly. I had ice cubes in it but it still tasted warm. Will do as another bottle but prefer my SiS bottle.

Haven't tried the vits as I have plenty of those already though will keep them for when they run out.
  • Rich-Ti
    Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
    If anyone hasn't used their Cervelo bottle yet and wants to earn their money back I'll take it off your hands :wink: 8)

Unused only though ta - no offense like... :shock: :lol:
  • woody-som
    woody-som Posts: 1,001
    I like the bars, not tried the gel yet, but the energy drink, and recovery ones had a nice after taste, but while drinking tasted weak. I buy original PSP so will stick to that, at least I know what I get, and can add flavours if I want.
  • DomPro
    Btw, despite saying the recovery drink tasted awful. It really has made a world of difference. I never usually bother with any recovery remedies but it has persuaded me to buy some more and just ignore the taste next time I drink it. My body feels almost completely recovered after such an intensive ride yesterday! Nice one Zipvit!
    Shazam !!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Recovery drink did nothing for me, I'll stick to beer.
  • DomPro
    Have you tried mixing recovery powder into beer? Could be onto a new sports drink with that.
    Shazam !!
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    My local Sainsbury's are doing recovery drink sachets for 48p each (can't remember the make), I expect this is a limited offer, don't know if it's nationwide, just a "heads-up" really.
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • arnie-77
    arnie-77 Posts: 61
    Have you let the Cérvelo Test Team know? or are they all too busy mixing up their own inspired by all the myprotein spam?..
    "Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving." A. Einstein
  • shmo
    shmo Posts: 321
    Was quite impressed with this trial offer so put in an order including a jar of the energy drink extreme. Now I know I'm a salty sweater and am often caked in salt by the end of a ride so figure it's good to go for the isotonic energy drinks with a fair bit of sodium. Thing is this Zipvit stuff has 1.2g of sodium per 35g serving which makes 500ml of drink. So if I fill two 750ml bottles then I've got 3.6g of sodium in there which is above the RDA going by most figures that a quick google gave me.

Does that seem like an excessive salt intake? I'll probably only drink that much once, maybe twice a week but does seem like a lot, and the taste of the stuff is a bit like seawater!
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    Shmo wrote:
    Was quite impressed with this trial offer so put in an order including a jar of the energy drink extreme. Now I know I'm a salty sweater and am often caked in salt by the end of a ride so figure it's good to go for the isotonic energy drinks with a fair bit of sodium. Thing is this Zipvit stuff has 1.2g of sodium per 35g serving which makes 500ml of drink. So if I fill two 750ml bottles then I've got 3.6g of sodium in there which is above the RDA going by most figures that a quick google gave me.

Does that seem like an excessive salt intake? I'll probably only drink that much once, maybe twice a week but does seem like a lot, and the taste of the stuff is a bit like seawater!

I have no idea however what I would say is that they would be exceedingly stupid to create a product which is designed for on the bike feeding which could involve large amounts on the drink being consumed which would then lead to excessive intake of sodium so I guess what I'm saying it isn't likely to be a problem.

If you are a salty sweater like I am then I tend to go for a mix of energy drinks with a least some electrolytes in them (bit more heavy duty than just sodium). These are generally recommended for hot conditions for most people however if you sweat a lot then electrolyte replacment may be wise or at least that's what I'm doing.

Now having said all that I have just checked my Go powder and it contains 0.23g per 40gm portion making 500ml or a total of .69gm for 1.5ltrs. This is considerably less than the zipvit product so would interesting to see what others say.
  • I got this offer too. have to say, the vitamins and bottle were appreciated.... however the gels and drinks didn't get on with me at all.

had the gel before a race and it felt like it sat in my stomach the whole time... I wouldn't have liked to try and get it down during the race as texturally (to me) it was like wallpaper paste. tried the energy drink too.... my conclusion was it tasted like feet juice. my teammates concur with me on that one also.

haven't tried the bars yet... but not holding out much hope.
    ========================================
    http://itgoesfasterwhenitmatches.blogspot.com/
  • Poulsy
    Poulsy Posts: 155
    I got this offer too. have to say, the vitamins and bottle were appreciated.... however the gels and drinks didn't get on with me at all.

had the gel before a race and it felt like it sat in my stomach the whole time... I wouldn't have liked to try and get it down during the race as texturally (to me) it was like wallpaper paste. tried the energy drink too.... my conclusion was it tasted like feet juice. my teammates concur with me on that one also.

haven't tried the bars yet... but not holding out much hope.

Bars are really nice and the best bit of the kit IMO.
  • Dane7
    Dane7 Posts: 22
    Yeah the recovery bar is a bit like a mars bar.
    The less said about the drinks the better - did anyone else think that the fruit punch flavour tastes like (very) watered down Red Bull. The chocolate recovery drink tasted aweful too, REGO for me from now on, if I want to add in BA and anyhting else they can be added separately.
  • FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 925
    I don't have a problem with gels and the Zipvit blackcurrant was nice. Bar was palatable too. I will be buying these 2 items in the future.
    I'm not 'keen' enough to study closely the exact levels of the vits supplied and a generally available multi-vit does me. Omega3 you can get anywhere.

Drink powder, I was indifferent to. I have a mahoosive tub of Torq to get through.

It was a good promotion from Zipvit. 2 bottles and the above - bingo!