How Can I View the Posts I've Made?

timdanaher
timdanaher Posts: 120
I need to get in touch with a member who obv. hasn,t read a PM I sent him (he made an offer about transferring some video, so nothing nasty).

My PM to him is still in my Outbox (and in my Inbox).

Name search turns up nothing. If I could see a list of the posts I've made, this might not be a problem. Any way of doing this? Usually there's a userCP where all this is listed.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    see the profile button to the left?

<---- press it.

Not mine yours :wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • But doesn't that only work if you can find a post that you made?

So to find posts that you have made, first find a post that you have made....

All I have at the forum index page is a link to edit my profile. from there it appears there is no way to find your posts made.
  • nicklouse
    But doesn't that only work if you can find a post that you made?

So to find posts that you have made, first find a post that you have made....

All I have at the forum index page is a link to edit my profile. from there it appears there is no way to find your posts made.

Ok then find your name in the list of users on line and press that.

same result.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • I'm not meaning to sound a nit but....

I open members list and the result is 5356 pages long. I guess my username will be midway if sorted alphabetically. The results pages only progress one page at a time.
    I'm not looking through 2500 pages!
  • timdanaher
    exactly, larfin...

I'm trying to find a user whose name begins with 'g'... the search only allows you to move forward one page at a time... I'd estimate around 750-1000 pages before I got to 'g'.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I don't get the question - isn't the member name in the 'To' part of your outbox?
  • nicklouse
    I'm not meaning to sound a nit but....

I open members list and the result is 5356 pages long. I guess my username will be midway if sorted alphabetically. The results pages only progress one page at a time.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/index.php

look at the bottom of the page. your name is there if you are logged in.

click on it.
  • timdanaher
    M.Cole wrote:
    I don't get the question - isn't the member name in the 'To' part of your outbox?

No it isn't... In both my Inbox and outbox i've got the message To: me From: me. Looks like I sent it to myself...

Why can't there be a UserCP where all profile, message info. etc, can be accessed centrally?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Oh right.

Why can't you just search for your username?
  • timdanaher
    I've found out how to view the posts I've made so that solves it, but I wish all the User CP functions were a bit more centralised...
  • nicklouse wrote:
    I'm not meaning to sound a nit but....

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/index.php

look at the bottom of the page. your name is there if you are logged in.

click on it.

Yes that works and I admit that was what you originally advised. I read it wrong.
    Thanks.

Thanks OP for the post as well.
  • nicklouse
    or you could go to the search button and put your user ID into the Search for Author: box