Focus Black Forest Pro

chuckd
chuckd Posts: 105
edited August 2009 in MTB buying advice
Anyone got one of these, if so, what do you think?

I've noticed that its now been reduced to £874 so looks like a really good deal. Also, I'm 5 feet 11 inches (32" leg) so was thinking of the medium, does that seem ok or should I go for a large?

Cheers

Comments

• stone-rose
    stone-rose Posts: 176
    i'm the same height and roughly same inside leg (33-34") and i'm looking at mediums. think a large would be a bit ungainly for someone our size personally
  • chuckd
    Aye same here, I've got large Giant Terrago and the standover height is just a little bit too close for comfort. I think the medium looks a more suitable size.

Cheers
  • stone-rose
    stone-rose Posts: 176
    I've got a Giant XTC at the minute and it's a medium and it's good to chuck around
  • swelsbyuk
    swelsbyuk Posts: 421
    I am also interest in the Black Forest Pro. I was originally after the Expert but, by the time the overtime had been paid into my bank, they had sold out of Mediums!

Could someone with much more knoweledge on mountain bikes than myself (i.e 99% of this site's users!) give us their thoughts on the spec on the Pro.

Many thanks in adavance.
  • swelsbyuk
    Anybody any thoughts on the spec of the Pro? The Black Forest and the Expert both seem to get rave reviews, especially at the reduced price, but can't find anything on the Pro.

The spec is here: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Focus ... 360037558/

A guy at work says that he thinks the spec looks very good value, but I would prefer a view from here if possible!

Many thanks
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    The Black Forest Pro has a hell of a nice spec.
    The Recon Race you can consider it as a Reba.
  • swelsbyuk
    So, it's £870 well spent then?
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
  • chuckd
    Finally decided to buy this so have just ordered it and I will let you know my thoughts after I take delivery.
    Hopefully I get it for this weekend and can head down to Glentress :)