AWOL Mechanic

drewfromrisca
drewfromrisca Posts: 1,165
edited August 2009 in The bottom bracket
I jst went to a LBS to speak to the mechanic about something and they told me he's not in now till Monday!?!?! What's all that about??? A bike shop with no mechanic??? The worlds gone soft!
There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!

Comments

• ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    maybe he was having a few days off so he could ride his bike?
  • drewfromrisca
    Doesn't work Fri avo's or weekends apparently? They might have been lying though as I've seen him in there few times on a Saturday.

• ynyswen24
    ynyswen24 Posts: 703
    before I saw sense and went to work in a job where I got time to ride my bike I was a bike mechanic. You never get to ride your own bike and he might have been fixing his own on the staurday. It's a thankless job!

Mind you having saturdays off sounds like a cushy one, it wasn't Wheelies in Swansea was it?
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I jst went to a LBS to speak to the mechanic about something and they told me he's not in now till Monday!?!?! What's all that about??? A bike shop with no mechanic??? The worlds gone soft!

Isn't everyone entitled to a day off or a vacation. I doubt that any bike shop is going to hire a mechanic to fill in, on the off chance that you will come in wanting to TALK to him.
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    How dare he not work a 7 day week! Shocking, i definately wouldn't return there :wink:
    1892 Posts: 1,690

How many days a week do you work?
    Justice for the 96
  • drewfromrisca
    Errr guy's this was all done a bit tongue in cheek. I'm not being serious at all. Although I could say that for the size and busy periods the bike shop has you would maybe think they would have 2 mechanics or a part time one to fill in.. Whilst I was in there waiting, others in front of me were asking to get repairs for them to be told what I was told. They all said apart from one bloke (who I think was drunk anyway) what good is a bike shop without a mechanic.

1892 Posts: 1,690
    They probably can't afford to employ 2 mechanics. The internet will have taken a lot of business away from them. So we're probably all to blame for the poor service we now get in shops.
    Justice for the 96
  • drewfromrisca
    Agree with you there. I'm a big fan of doing business face to face with shops. Shame it's seen as more of an inconvenience these days.