Abbeyford Woods, Immense Trails, Piccers!

The HutcH
The HutcH Posts: 107
edited August 2009 in MTB general
Me and a mate went to Abbeyford Woods today. It was brilliant, loads of flowing singletrack, plenty of mud and tree dodging. Loved it, here is some of the singletrack up there.
118jc7l.jpg
mwv1mu.jpg
2ljjl3b.jpg
e8vdie.jpg

Comments

• OH NO Dan
    OH NO Dan Posts: 186
    Great pics mate, those woods look very similar to my local ones. No jumps in mine though :cry:
  • The HutcH
    Yeah some good tracks up there, not far from me as well. Although the track with the jumps
    in it looks like its for downhiller's. Me and my mate where on Dawes XC bikes so we just rolled them :lol:
  • OH NO Dan
    The HutcH wrote:
    Yeah some good tracks up there, not far from me as well. Although the track with the jumps
    in it looks like its for downhiller's. Me and my mate where on Dawes XC bikes so we just rolled them :lol:

Its allways nice finding new places to ride. You should of just hit the downhill section mate!
  • The HutcH
    Was tempted, not sure the bike would have survived though.

Here's our steed's, back in winter. Mudguards now removed and my bike (the silver Dawes) now has Powerplay double-sided SPD and flat pedals. Would they have survived it?
    2ec3r6p.jpg
  • OH NO Dan
    Of course they would of survived, just as long as your not going ridiculously fast then smack into a tree. But if you did that on any bike youd brake something.

Its a nice looking steed btw
  • The HutcH
    Cheers, don't seem to hear to much about Dawes but me and my mate cant fault them. We have both done around 400-500 miles with them now, mostly on fairly heavy off-road and no problems so far. Mines a Dawes XC 1.6 07 and my mates is the 08 model.