888 ATA WC 2009

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited August 2009 in MTB buying advice
How is this fork adjusted between 160-200mm?
It says 40mm air travel adjust, so does that mean it just depends how much air you put in the fork to set the travel length?

Anyone got any reviews of the fork... i'm a bit wary about zocchi forks..

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    It uses the ATA unit which, by my understanding, is a dial like the U turn on rock shox that allows the travel to be adjusted on the fly. I believe you set the air spring to your weight and adjust from there - that is my understanding having been reading about the 44 ATA lately.

Have you checked the Marz web site? It's not great but has a bit of info (and girls in wet clothes holding bike forks for reasons I have not yet fathomed!)

I personally have nothing but good things to say about Marz but thats only based on my MX Comps which are 6 years old, never been serviced and still provide a plus 100mms of travel!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Ahh ok that sounds promising.

Yea I tried their webby 1st but I don't think i'm looking in the correct manuals, can't seem to find where it says about the travel adjust :(

I know the old zocchi forks were good, owned a few myself. But the new batches of 08/09 have had reliability problems... particularly the 55's. Was wondering if it was spread across the range..