have i made a mistake?

hender
hender Posts: 34
edited August 2009 in MTB buying advice
in buying a specialized hardrock disc 09? i know it isn't the best spec bike for the money but liked the look. i haven;t tried it yet as i bought of web. read a couple of reviews which seemed positive. only had a budget of 350 which i have went over. looking at threads on here is giving me second thoughts?

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Only when the bike arrives can you make a real judgement.
  • hender
    i hope so - what's your personal opinion?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Possibly a little overpriced given the spec, but very good frames. One of the lightest frames now at this price point.
  • fletch8928
    fletch8928 Posts: 794
    Ride it, then ride it some more.

Reviews are just peoples thoughts. some have had the chance to ride mega buck bikes which are bound to be better. There is always a "better" bike for the money but then you would just not be able to make your mind up if you thought about it. good bike, good price.

Have you got it? Do you still like the look of it? Do you still want to hit a trail on it? do you know how much you will be smilling after said trail?

Enjoy
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • hender
    i'm sure i will love it - step up from the viking i'm riding at the moment lol.
  • Zeroman_IR
    Zeroman_IR Posts: 290
    Exactly, these things are relative. Get out and ride, you'll be having so much fun that you'll forget about the spec. I know some people will say to go for function over form but how many people are really on bikes they don't like the look of?
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I don't reckon you can go too far wrong with it - if nothing else the frame is worthy of upgrades over time.

My mate rides an 06 which he bought blind as an insurance replacement - he likes it a lot especially since he has finally got rid of the woodern manitou forks he had on it!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • supersonic wrote:
    Only when the bike arrives can you make a real judgement.

Yes, Master Yoda.
  • the 09 hardrock frame was a completely redesigned one, making it one of the lightest, best quality frames on a bike at that price. also it comes with a lifetime warranty which you wouldn't get on many others. maybe the spec is slightly down on a halfords bike but the important bits are there!

i'm sure you'll love it they are great fun bikes to ride and well worthy of upgrades in the future as stuff wears out/breaks.
  • hender
    just set bike up - looks nice, haven't been out properly yet. its actually the hardrock sport disc which is the one up from the hardrock i believe. i'm happy - light, comfy and looks good. can't wait to get out properly!! cheers 4 the advice/reassurance