Saddle Height

KevinMcC
KevinMcC Posts: 95
edited August 2009 in Road beginners
Hi folks, just curious about hoe most folk have got their bike set up with regards saddle and handlebar height.

I am a right lanky sod, all legs and little torso so I am struggling to decide what height my saddle should be with regards the handlebars- a few mm of diff between the two, a few inches or what?

I know its personal preference but I want to see if there is a majority view and I will try that for a bit.

Comments

• redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Your saddle height should be the right height, saddle height is not determined by the "bar height"
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Your saddle height should be the right height, saddle height is not determined by the "bar height"

+1.

Don't get caught up in all the statistical BS that surround saddle height/ seat height relationships... Just set your bike up so that you are comfortable, not over stretched...

Paul
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • mhuk
    mhuk Posts: 327
    4 of the methods used to determine saddle height are explained here and why it's important to get it right. I found the link because mine wasn't...
  • rally200
    rally200 Posts: 646
    hopper1 wrote:

+1.

Don't get caught up in all the statistical BS that surround saddle height/ seat height relationships... Just set your bike up so that you are comfortable, not over stretched...

Paul

++1

get the saddle height right before you worry about anything else.
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    And the set back.
  • Woodchip
    Woodchip Posts: 205
    John.T wrote:
    And the set back.
    Thanks for the reminder. Knew I was meant to be doing something to the bike today. lol
    I have nothing more to say on the matter.