Peanut butter..

Fastlad
Fastlad Posts: 908
edited August 2009 in The bottom bracket
I was recently introduced to crunchy peanut butter sandwiches then the other day someone tells me to put raspberry jam on top!!! WTF.....Now i can't stop eating them :shock: :cry:

Comments

• Angus444
    Angus444 Posts: 141
    Fastlad wrote:
    I was recently introduced to crunchy peanut butter sandwiches then the other day someone tells me to put raspberry jam on top!!! WTF.....Now i can't stop eating them :shock: :cry:

So will you be changing your forum name to 'Fatlad' in the near future.... :D:D:D
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    My local deli has just got in some organic peanut butter from the states, it is out of this world, the ingredients are peanuts and salt...
  • mhuk
    mhuk Posts: 327
    I like PB & Nutella, although PB & raspberry is better. Add banana for even more calories :D
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    I like Peanut butter and bananas, bet it makes you go like a rocket on the bike.
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    Whole Earth wholenut. Forget the guilt and enjoy.....
  • Fastlad
    Fastlad Posts: 908
    Daren't go near sainsburys....I must resist!! Down to my last jar of orgasmic er, i mean, organic :P
  • Angus444
    Angus444 Posts: 141
    Tesco's 'Nak'd' bar......heavy, full of fruit, and no additives....guilt free
  • oxoneil
    oxoneil Posts: 147
    Peanut butter and cucumber....... :wink:
  • st68
    st68 Posts: 219
    spoon it straight of the jar on its own lovely
    cheesy quaver
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    oxoneil wrote:

Raus.
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    johnfinch wrote:
    oxoneil wrote:

Raus.

Pregnant I'd say.

I long thought of peanut butter and jelly (sic) as the USA's only real contribution to world cuisine.
  • micken
    micken Posts: 275
    My recovery drink.

dessert spoon of cocoa
    tablespoon of peanut butter
    banana
    pint of milk

Liqidise and savour, it's like liquid Snickers!

Yummmmmmmeeeeee
  • Essex Man
    Essex Man Posts: 283
    Fastlad wrote:

Isn't this what killed Elvis?
  • chriskempton
    chriskempton Posts: 1,245
    Sh*t that sounds good. I might get the turbo out of the loft, right now, to justify making one.
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

PB&J is awesome though! In fact, so is PB and cheep chocolate spread. And a banana cut down the middle and filled with PB. :twisted:
  • Gavin Gilbert
    Gavin Gilbert Posts: 4,019
    White Line wrote:

By God that's annoying :?
  • micken
    micken Posts: 275
    @chriskempton and White Line

PB, chocolate and banana ............ a classic combo + semi-skimmed for the shake.

It would be interesting to do a nutritional breakdown to compare with For Goodness Shakes which I've had a trial of and am not that keen on (have tried the chocolate one and the berries one but they are too sweet for my taste)

I like the bitter hit of cocoa and the saltiness of PB in my shake.

Now thinking about it a coffee/caffeine shot may also work! Hmmmm
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    micken wrote:
    PB, chocolate and banana ............ a classic combo + semi-skimmed for the shake.

It would be interesting to do a nutritional breakdown to compare with For Goodness Shakes which I've had a trial of and am not that keen on (have tried the chocolate one and the berries one but they are too sweet for my taste)

I like the bitter hit of cocoa and the saltiness of PB in my shake.

Now thinking about it a coffee/caffeine shot may also work! Hmmmm
    Hmm ... I might pull out the blender tomorrow. Will need to invest in a new smoothie maker, as I shattered the old one with frozen berries. :oops:
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    Peanut butter on toast....MMmmmm
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    No, surely not. Peanut butter is just horrible, its as bad as marmite. You lot are weirdos :P .
  • SunWuKong
    SunWuKong Posts: 364
    No, surely not. Peanut butter is just horrible, its as bad as marmite. You lot are weirdos :P .

Actually Stewie, what you will find is that marmite and peanut butter on toast is a savoury delight, you're simply wrong.
  • jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    Peanut Butter and Jam rules. End of debate.
  • The best breakfast in the world

2x toast
    peanut butter ( skippy crunchy)
    strawberry jam
    1x banana

put jam on one piece of toast, PB on the other.
    Mash up the banana and spread onto one of the toast then place both toasts together to make a butty.
    BLOODY GORGEOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439

+ 0.5

Marmite is loverly!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    Peanut butter, nutella and banana TOASTED sandwich :P :P

Dig out your Breville!!
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • risi
    risi Posts: 231
    Peanut butter & jam. Yum.

Another thing, discovered here (go if you're anywhere near), is a cheddar cheese, peanut butter & spring onion sandwich. Also, surprisingly, yum!
    Specialized Allez
    Trek 6500
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I can only assume that you lot are <10 years old and your palettes are yet to mature. I bet you lot can all still eat flying saucers and cola cubes without wincing?
  • smegurmum
    smegurmum Posts: 181
    peanut butter and cheese...
    Genesis Altitude
    BMC Team Machine
  • Kingtut87
    Kingtut87 Posts: 105
    Peanut butter is the dogs.

Peanut butter and jam is even better.

Jam and cheese is also awesome.
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    You should NEVER mix your savouries with your sweets, it's akin to putting fruit in chocolate, or riding a road bike in "baggies", it just ain't right.

Bloody American influence again with their "peanut butter and jello" malarky.
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/