Gerdemann - progress report?

Eurostar
Eurostar Posts: 1,806
edited July 2009 in Pro race
I was hoping he would do something at the Tour - but no. He doesn't seem to be fulfilling his promise. Has his broken leg last year ruined him?

He's team leader at the San Sebastian - what does that say? Milram's big names seem to be doing the Tour of Poland and the Sparkasse Giro. Does that mean Linus is now with the also-rans?

Might he do something at the San Sebastian? The only betting site I can find with odds for it doesn't mention him at all. http://www.skybet.com/skybet?action=GoE ... d=10004706 (Although it does give odds for that numpty for Wegmann, who's not even in it.)
<hr>
<h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>

Comments

• jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    He said his training leading upto the tour was all wrong; which im guessing perhaps he had done too much training in anticipation of challenging near the front, being he had the hopes of Milram and Germany on his shoulders. He was saying this even before the tour after his disappointing tour of switzerland although the route can't of helped tbf.

No surprise at him being leader for San Sebastian....who else would they have suited to that race?? Their other options are fairly limited I would say but I dont think he will do much.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Peter Velits was the only Milram rider I noticed during the entire Tour, mainly because he got shouted at by Hushovd. But he seemed to do OK on the medium-mountain type stages... could be suited to a course like San Sebastian's.

PS, why is Wegmann a numpty? Ms Tree will be outraged! :shock:
  • Eurostar
    afx237vi wrote:

Because his attacks are the most witless and pointless in history. He obviously has no room in his brain for tactical thought. Which is not surprising as he has a hazelnut for a head. Really his career should have been as an extra in Harry Potter films, as some sort of pixie who was crossbred with a shrew.
    <hr>
    <h6>What\'s the point of going out? We\'re just going to end up back here anyway</h6>
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    Eurostar wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Because his attacks are the most witless and pointless in history. He obviously has no room in his brain for tactical thought. Which is not surprising as he has a hazelnut for a head. Really his career should have been as an extra in Harry Potter films, as some sort of pixie who was crossbred with a shrew.

why waste such a good description of ignatiev in a post about wegmann?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Eurostar wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Ouch :lol:

Wegmann is the German Julian Dean. The national jersey gets him WAY more attention than his results deserve (although he's still miles better than Dean).
  • jim one
    jim one Posts: 183
    afx237vi wrote:
    Eurostar wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Ouch :lol:

Wegmann is the German Julian Dean. The national jersey gets him WAY more attention than his results deserve (although he's still miles better than Dean).

Dont you mean BIG Julian Dean :wink:
  • Cumulonimbus
    Cumulonimbus Posts: 1,730
    afx237vi wrote:
    Peter Velits was the only Milram rider I noticed during the entire Tour, mainly because he got shouted at by Hushovd. But he seemed to do OK on the medium-mountain type stages... could be suited to a course like San Sebastian's.

Had a bit of a breakaway on one stage i think?

he was also in the Columbia/Lance break on stage 3. A disappointing tour though, he finished behind his team-mate Knees.
  • Eurostar
    I hope Linus improves. He seems to have gone off the radar. Remember when he was touted as a potential GT winner? His 15 mins of fame in the 2007 tour was my fave moment in recent years - better than anything by Wiggo or Cav. And I loved him in 'Boys Don't Cry'.
    <hr>
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    National Champions are a bit odd I find...the winners seem to do nothing overly much apart from the odd exception. A lot of the people winning are nobodies (well, relatively speaking)...

Have a look at the list for 2009:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_natio ... mpionships
    Contador is the Greatest