In defense of some comments

BikeMark
BikeMark Posts: 2
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
I understand that there has been some kerfuffle on here regarding comments made by someone I know regarding his time with sotonia C.C.

Having ridden with him over the past weeks while he has been working away from home it strikes me that from what he says about having helped to set up a racing team and then been ostracised by people who did not understand his humor when he was trying to train with them seems to me pretty typical of the kind of club where politics and fragile egos rule.

Having spoken to him he has a very dry and slightly offbeat sense of humor which if, as often seems the case, you are dealling with people who are too ready to take offense makes life a little difficult.

I understand that one person in particular was notorious for being difficult to deal with and then everyone in the club is taking their life in their hands never knowing when he is going to take offense at something that they say.

I also understand that he has now been receiving threatening phone calls and messages from very brave people who withhold the phone number they are calling from and the police are now investigating.I would imagine that these brave people turn out to be the very same as the ones with the fragile egos.

Apperently he has also been receiving calls from members of the club offering support as I understand it its now against club rules to speak to him, and he has been invited to ride with the club in the next week or so, I cannot help feeling he is being brave knowing what I do about the kind of political manouvering that goes on in clubs such as this.
It also seems that there is some slight obsession going on with one lad in particular who is doing well in his racing season amongst some of the club members.

Peace
Out.

Comments

• Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    Kerfuffle? No, not in the least, I dont think anyone actually gave a flying fornication. Other than him getting dropped and lapped, now that sh1t made me laugh out loud :lol: .
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Is this the guy that was always on about how unfair the world was to him? The amount of bile he posted on here makes me wonder what sort of life he has.

All I can say is 'get a grip'.

-Spider-
  • balthazar
    balthazar Posts: 1,565
    Oh FFS. Enough. You've been banned from this forum once. Nobody cares about your fantasies.
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    a wise man once said:

"If there are 100 people in your road club, and 99 of them think you're a c0ck - chances are, you're a c0ck..."
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    Medication day already?
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Infamy, infamy, they've all got it informe
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Are we still talking about this? Good god...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    softlad wrote:
    a wise man once said:

"If there are 100 people in your road club, and 99 of them think you're a c0ck - chances are, you're a c0ck..."

is there also not one that says......in any group of people, there is always one c0ck...if you do not know who that person is, chances are...its you!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Infamous
    Infamous Posts: 1,130
    how was the race on wednesday?
  • Red Rock
    Red Rock Posts: 517
    psychosurgery_dude.jpg

Lobotomies (used mainly from the 1930s to 1950s to treat a wide range of severe disorders, including schizophrenia, clinical depression, and various anxiety disorders, as well as people who were considered a nuisance by demonstrating behavior characterized as, for example, "moodiness" or "youthful defiance") have now fallen out of use, as doctors use various drugs and psychological therapies to treat mental illnesses.

Sorry I meant to post this in 'The Off Topic thread' :D
  • Red Rock
    edited July 2009
    Double post - don't know how that happened :?
  • mmitchell88
    mmitchell88 Posts: 340
    Red Rock wrote:
    Sorry I meant to post this in 'The Off Topic thread' :D

Don't worry - you're already in the right place!

Now, who's YOUR favourite - Sophie or Bea?
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    softlad wrote:
    a wise man once said:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    aye, now only used for double posters, lobotomies that is
  • Red Rock
    wiffachip wrote:
    aye, now only used for double posters, lobotomies that is

:oops:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I've been away for a whole week and this sh1te is still going on!?!
  • Red Rock
    NapoleonD wrote:
    I've been away for a whole week and this sh1te is still going on!?!

I think we should allow jezmo/bikemark back as a special case :lol:
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    I never usually come into the cake stop forum - glad I did now!!

Just had a wee trawl through to see what this is all about :lol::lol:

Quite like the TT Headband idea 8)