My kinda potato....

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited August 2009 in Commuting chat
Plaguerised from the Michael Barrymore show "My kinda people"...gtvlusso brings you:

"My Kinda Potato"

My favourite jacket potato topping: Red Leicester, tuna and pepper or baked beans.

Just digging into a Red Leicester screamer right now.

Anyone else?

Comments

• King Donut
    King Donut Posts: 498
    gtvlusso wrote:
    Plaguerised from the Michael Barrymore show "My kinda people"...gtvlusso brings you:

"My Kinda Potato"

My favourite jacket potato topping: Red Leicester, tuna and pepper or baked beans.

Just digging into a Red Leicester screamer right now.

Anyone else?

:lol::lol:

Chilli and cheese all the way.

Or if its a hot day just keep it plain, sprinkled with watermelon flavoured SiS GO electrolyte powder
  • robmanic1
    robmanic1 Posts: 2,150
    Curry, but then curry on anything for me, even curry.
    Pictures are better than words because some words are big and hard to understand.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/34335188@N07/3336802663/
  • loads of butter and mature cheddar cheese, and it has to be a proper jacket spud, done in the oven with proper crispy skin. None of your fast food microwaved nonsense
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    loads of butter and mature cheddar cheese, and it has to be a proper jacket spud, done in the oven with proper crispy skin. None of your fast food microwaved nonsense

Whilst on maternity leave the mrs experimented and discovered the 8 mins in the micro followed by 30 mins in the oven at 200 degrees C is nigh on indistinguishable.

I like bolognaise, and cheese
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • I just don't find the skin crisps up enough unless it's been in the oven for an hour or so. Better still is to rap in foil and put it in amongst the charcoal of a BBQ
  • blu3cat
    blu3cat Posts: 1,016
    baked beans and chees or tuna mayonnaise

Damn I'm hungry now and I've just eaten.
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    mmmmmm baked spuds....

egg mayo, cheese and sweetcorn for me....yum
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    edited July 2009
    Can't beat cheese and bake beans. In that order, with butter, salt and pepper underneath :D
  • Dudu
    Dudu Posts: 4,637
    Good grief! There's more to a baked potato than just dumping stuff on top of it.

1. Bake potato
    2. Cut potato in half
    3. Scoop potato out of skin and mash thoroughly with Greek yoghurt, walnut oil, cheese (preferably chopped Gruyére or, if you're feeling rich, Reblochon), lime juice and lightly fried chopped garlic and chili
    4. Spoon mash back into potato skin
    5. Sprinkle Parmesan over the two halves
    6. Grill until the Parmesan starts to brown
    7. Garnish with chopped chives
    8. Eat

Suits Mme Dudu fine
    Classic GTVLusso Friday thread. :lol:

Been quiet lately, glad to have you back on form, though you're still well away from the heady days of "Whats your poisson?"

For me its the Blazzing Saddles Special - Beans Cheese and HP
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Dudu wrote:
    Good grief! There's more to a baked potato than just dumping stuff on top of it.

1. Bake potato
    2. Cut potato in half
    3. Scoop potato out of skin and mash thoroughly with Greek yoghurt, walnut oil, cheese (preferably chopped Gruyére or, if you're feeling rich, Reblochon), lime juice and lightly fried chopped garlic and chili
    8. Eat

Suits Mme Dudu fine
    ....... sounds lovely but I can't wait that long :)
  • Jamey
    Jamey Posts: 2,152
    For me, the best two things to put on a jacket spud are the same two things that I find delicious on top of every other foodstuff known to man - cheese and bacon.

There's practically nothing savoury that can't be improved with cheese and bacon atop.

Maybe some coleslaw on the side... Preferably home made, with grated apple in it.
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    Cheese and beans :mrgreen:
  • Whoever said cheese and chilli is spot on... but I'm intrigued by Dudu's elaborate methods!
  • Dudu
    Dudu Posts: 4,637
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Dudu wrote:

1. Bake potato
    2. Cut potato in half
    8. Eat

Suits Mme Dudu fine
    ....... sounds lovely but I can't wait that long :)

C'mon, you've got to wait about 45 mins for it to bake anyway - what's an extra 10 mins? You can always bake some falafel or chorizo to go with it. Or make a salad.

1. Bake potato
    2. Cut potato in half
    8. Eat

Suits Mme Dudu fine

Sounds pretty damn close to something the other half always does when baking potatoes. Except theres a bit you've missed.

Scoop out potato
    fill half full with beans
    then put the mash concoction back ontop, cover with the cheese and grill till golden brown, and garnish with chives.
    Goes down well every time :D
    Schwinn Fastback Comp : FCN 5
    The Flying Scot : FCN 515q6cuv.png
    My Life, My Bike & My Xbox
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Dudu wrote:

1. Bake potato
    2. Cut potato in half
    8. Eat

Suits Mme Dudu fine

I was with you until the lime juice - citrus and hard cheese is not often a good combination!

I like scooping the baked potato out and mixing with a little cream and some sauteed leeks or maybe just spring onions before replacing and topping with cheese and grilling.

I also recommend a fried egg, done in butter of course and the melted butter poured on the potato before adding the egg.
  • bomberesque
    bomberesque Posts: 1,701
    Saturday after a ride in Rochefort in the Belgian Ardennes I had 2 jacket spuds with cheese, ham and frogslegs on. Washed down nicely with a couple of Rochefort 6 beers
    Everything in moderation ... except beer
    Beer in moderation ... is a waste of beer

If riding an XC race bike is like touching the trail,
    then riding a rigid singlespeed is like licking it
    ... or being punched by it, depending on the day