crossing London

Mark Alexander
Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
edited July 2009 in Commuting chat
Hi, next week i'm going Paddington to St Pancras and then a few days later St Pancras to Victoria a few days after that Victoria to Paddington :D

No, I'm not playing Monopoly (I never could get Liverpool St) :P

Being a country hick from Cardiff. Are there any simple route suggestions or just survival, tips? :wink:

Thanks
http://twitter.com/mgalex
www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business

Comments

• cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Theoretically, Paddington to St Pancras is straight along what I think is the Marylebone Road. Lots of traffic, but stick to the left and you should be ok.

To Victoria, I'd go the long route and have some fun, down to Farringdon, onto Embankment at Blackfriars and turn right at Vauxhall Bridge Lights into Bessborough Road (sp?), and straight up into Vauxhall Bridge Road. Totally the long way round, but good SCR action. :wink: Wouldn't take 30 mins.

To Paddington from there? No idea. Maybe up through Hyde Park, Lancaster Gate, that sort of area. :) Others know much better than me.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Yep, from Victoria to Paddington, head to Parliament Square, then follow signs for Kensington, you'll appear at Hyde Park Corner (there's a big white archway), go across the middle through said arch, then into the park using the cycle lanes, and then you have a choice to either a) turn right, you'll get to Speaker's Corner, then head left and pop out at Bayswater, or turn left, come to a T-Junction near the Albert Hall and hang a right... and pop out at Bayswater!

Once you've appeared back onto the main road, head left, then simply follow signs for Paddington Station. The roads are residential but quite busy, so keep your wits about you and signal signal signal.
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    cjcp wrote:
    Theoretically, Paddington to St Pancras is straight along what I think is the Marylebone Road. Lots of traffic, but stick to the left and you should be ok.

Yes, Marylebone Rd, Euston Rd, Job done
    There are bus lanes the whole way so you should be fine if you stick to them.
    Although personally I can never resist doing the Euston Road underpass :p
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)