One for the girls

Roastie
Roastie Posts: 1,968
edited July 2009 in Commuting chat
Not my story, but Mrs Roastie:

Riding along past Battersea Cats and Dogs a dude passes her "enthusiastically", and shortly after somehow his Topeak multitool falls out of his bag. Mrs Roastie, being the kindly type that she is, stops to pick up the tool and then "gives chase".

But not it should be said that Mrs Roastie is a pootler of note. Despite the fact that she is very fit (runner and dancer), she simply does not do speed on a bike. Consequently she rides in normal clothes and, as a rule, never breaks a sweat. Her bike is equipped with (usually loaded) basket, rack carrying her Basil pannier handbag thingie and has French style promenade bars.

Anyhow, so Mrs Roastie tries a chase and eventually catches up with enthusiastic cyclist (assisted partially by a RL, but given the usual level of pootle, this is still fairly impressive), and returns his tool.

Chapeau, Darling :D

Comments

• il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    There's a joke in there somewhere...
  • Roastie
    I never joke.
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Good on her! I hope he was suitably humbled by a) her kindness and b) the fact that she caught him up!

This may be the start of a promising career in SCR for Mrs Roastie...
  • Roastie
    Sadly I think this is more like a "one event only" performance. :o
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    Top work from Mrs Roastie there. Pootling is clearly a lifestyle choice for her...!
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    My ozzy bike mad friend has a friend who is rather fast racer so high up the CAT tree and she rides a shopper to work, with basket and some times flowery dresses, apparently you can hear her coming by the sounds of deflating male egos....
  • Roastie
    My ozzy bike mad friend has a friend who is rather fast racer so high up the CAT tree and she rides a shopper to work, with basket and some times flowery dresses, apparently you can hear her coming by the sounds of deflating male egos....
    Wolfette in sheep's clothing?

@StuAff - Yeah, most definitely.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    edited July 2009
    Good on her! I hope he was suitably humbled by a) her kindness and b) the fact that she caught him up!

I agree :)

I'm long overdue to get one of those Basil pannier thingies myself :)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788

LiT's twin, perhaps?