Schumacher

Nick Dastardly
Nick Dastardly Posts: 606
edited July 2009 in The Crudcatcher
For those who haven't yet heard.......

Official: Schumacher to return for Ferrari

Even though I was never his biggest fan (I'm still traumatised from him taking Hill out of the Championship all those years ago!) , part of me hopes he completely ruins everyone just to show that he's still got it.
"The problem was, I was still using my eyes even though I had them shut"

Demoted to commuting duty

Orange Crush!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Ohh could be interesting.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    it'll be great to see schumacher up against lewis, who seems back on form, jenson in a good car and the red bull cars that are flying at the minute. i can't wait!!
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • Me too, looking forward to seeing how good he is against some of the new boy's - kind of hoping he whoops them for some reason!!
  • andy46
    yeah it would be kind of sad to see him get beaten
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

• It'll be ace.
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    the question is will he be fit enough to take the strain??? he hasnt raced for nearly 3 years and these guys are incredibly fit, but will he have kept his fitness???

will be great to see him back tho, i hated him in the old days but i think it will put even more excitement into the season, altho hopefuly he wont take out jenson :shock:
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    Well, he is, arguably, the greatest driver on the planet!

It will be good to see him against some of his old rivals again, but this time in totally different cars. No electronics to help out now!

I still think he'll be frickin' awesome though. Maybe not such a great guy (dirty tactics and all), but undisputably excellent with a motorised vehicle!
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    Should be interesting, I'm sure he has still got the pace considering how quickly he lapped the FXX at the Top Gear track. Would love to see him spank Kimi...just to show Ferrari he is still the man 8)
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • WeAreACC
    WeAreACC Posts: 20
    Come on Schumacher!! (ruthless tw@t that you are)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Schumacher was well know for being one of the fittest drivers - I doub't he has let it go. He'll be in shape alright.
  • andy46
    wasn't there something about a neck injury in a motorbike race he did?
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

• xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Fit or not fit, he has more than 3 weeks to work out until the race.
    Plenty enough time.
  • With the Ferrari making a good showing in the last race it would be awesome to see him come back and show these young upstarts how to really race! ;)

Dirty tricks - as long as nobody gets hurt - are great to watch! ;)

But being out of a race car for so long and the neck injury and him being an old git now will probably mean a few races before he comes back to form.

Cant believe theres another 24 days, 12 hours, 17 minutes and 12 seconds to go for the next race... with Schumacher!!!
  • CalumMac
    CalumMac Posts: 7
    Ads4 wrote:
    Should be interesting, I'm sure he has still got the pace considering how quickly he lapped the FXX at the Top Gear track. Would love to see him spank Kimi...just to show Ferrari he is still the man 8)

Most definately :D Though id still like to see Button or Hamilton beat him.....see how it goes.
    M-M-M-MANUALLL!!!

Kona Kikapu '06
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    it would make an already interesting season even more interesting

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    hopefully i will get to see the legend race again as due to be going to spa for my birthday and trying to convince the wife we neeeeed to go to valancia to?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • stuart_c-2
    stuart_c-2 Posts: 805
    2 questions:

Would he have still come back at the beginning of the year when the car was no good??

What do the Ferrari test drivers (Marc Gene and Luca Badoer) think of this? If I were them I would be seriously p*ssed.
    "I ride to eat"
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    it's gonna be great to watch and a boost to F1 in rough times at the moment no doubt!

worth a punt at the bookies though
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    What do the Ferrari test drivers (Marc Gene and Luca Badoer) think of this? If I were them I would be seriously p*ssed
    It's their stupidity that they spent their best form in Ferrari as test drivers. What they were
    thinking, when there is a free seat that they would take over it? Hell no.

I would be better racing in some smaller team, and taste some of the action, than
    spending my whole career as a test driver. Same counts with Pedro de la Rosa.
  • Knack that he should stay retired. Sick of seeing him win over and over again!

was better when he had a rival (Senna) but just got boring when he won all the time!

i love it how F! is now, it's so open!

hope Jenson wins, he's a solid driver. Other than that i'm backing Hamilton and Vetel he's a funny guy that Vetel. By all accounts he was asked after finishing a race no1 "that must be the best feeling ever" he replied "you obviously weren't there when i lost my virginity!!"
  • Graydawg
    Graydawg Posts: 673
    Will be interesting... part of me wants him to trounce the opposition, even though i wasn't a schumacher fan..... but part of me hopes he fails, like Nigel Mansell did when he returned to F1 for like 4 races, then spat the dummy and buggered off to Indycar....

LOL..

Either way, its gonna be a good race at valencia in 3 weeks time...!
    It's been a while...
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Gene and De la Rosa both gave up their seats as they got scared of F1!!!! as for Luca he's just got on a bit and was never that fast anyway.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • supersonic
    I bet this next grand prix has all time record viewing figures.
  • True

And they were saying that nobody would turn up at the next gp with alonso probably not racing due to the team ban. And that they had to take away many seats since the last GP there due to a poor turn out.

So much better to hear news like this than all the garbage that idiot mosely was spewing forth.
  • stickygreen
    stickygreen Posts: 339
    Stuart_C wrote:
    2 questions:

Would he have still come back at the beginning of the year when the car was no good??

What do the Ferrari test drivers (Marc Gene and Luca Badoer) think of this? If I were them I would be seriously p*ssed.

1:who knows.
    2:niki lauder said they are as good as useless.
    GENESIS CORE 20
  • lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    WeAreACC wrote:
    Come on Schumacher!! (ruthless tw@t that you are)

why i like him, lewis has it as well, sparks should fly! 8)
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • supersonic
    I never used to like Schumacher. Or Stephen Hendry, Nick Faldo or quite a number of sportspeople; but the respect and understanding I have later on... I can't wait for this.

My alarm is set.
  • M1llh0use
    M1llh0use Posts: 863
    well schumi could win the championship this season.

what i'd like to see is him win all the races bar the last one where button ruthlessly takes him out to win the championship (ala what schumi dod to hill....)
    {insert smartarse comment here}
  • chrisga
    chrisga Posts: 587
    Wow, F1 in positive PR shocker!!!! This is great news. Im almost psoitive Alonso will be on the grid for a GP in Spain though, Ecclestone wouldnt dare commit commercial suicide in such a public way....

This is the first time I have actually looked forward to a GP (car not bike which are always ace anyway) for a very very long time. Remember getting up really early to watch GP's with my Dad when Mansell and Senna were racing and havent felt like that about the car races for a long time! Can't wait. Hope he goes alright - always been a ferrari fan, not necessarily a schumacher fan but this should be ace. I think Raikkonen might be worried.

As I see it, Schumacher and Ferrari are really in a win win situation, Massa looks like he's on the mend which is the best news out of all of this, and while he is recuperating Schumacher could come in and do well. If he does its because he's the best but if not its because he retired, hasnt driven this spec of car before, or a F1 car in nearly a year and half, had a motorbike accident in the winter ect etc, all valid reasons to be slower than he used to be (or excuses depending how you see it). It might also give Raikkonen a kick up the arse to get going a bit faster. Which he needs..... And after all that Schumacher will happily give his car back to Massa with no questions asked when Massa feels like he wants to return. Happy Days.....
  • ramemtbers
    ramemtbers Posts: 1,562
    it would be hillarious if he came in a podium posistion at the end of the season.