Marin Quake

gnarly-ass-rider
gnarly-ass-rider Posts: 66
edited July 2009 in Your mountain bikes
pbpic3741348.jpg

it's also for sale if anyone's interested???
cheeers

Comments

• fourcrossjohn
    fourcrossjohn Posts: 2,500
    how much?
  • The Big Cheese
    The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
    Saddles is waaaaayy to small and you really need Totems on it! :wink:

Only joking, its a nice ride - but ps: the saddle IS too small! :wink:
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    i hate the back on that it looks so damn bad
  • The Big Cheese
    jay12 wrote:
    i hate the back on that it looks so damn bad

You're joking right? One of the best frames IMO out there - proven design - and rides like a teenagers wet dream!!! :lol: 8)
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    Is this one of the 2007 models that some website has been trying to flog for years???

...I am another one to agree that the frame looks horrible.
  • The Big Cheese
    Rutland's have loads of them, the thing is, they are quite an expensive bike, even in the sale. Most new riders, want a do it all bike rather than a specific, so to shell out a lot of dough for what is essentially a DH Lite/FR rig isn't an option, unless it is a 2nd or 3rd bike. SO the likes of Kona/spesh etc offering a decent trail rig for around the 1K mark hit the market a lot better.

They are of a classic design, beautifully made minus the 'boutique-snobesque' status. I find mine (2nd bike) to be one of the best I have ridden, soaks up the bumps, and pedals back up - what more could you ask for - you point that DH mate and it soaks up everything you can throw at it.

Granted, mine is the 'top of the tree' model, but the same frame. I love it, granted, the design isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I happen to think it's functional, bombproof and gets the job done!

If you ever get the chance to try one, I suggest you have a go, you may even like it! :wink:
  • junglist_matty
    junglist_matty Posts: 1,731
    I don't deny that it rides well, just to look at its an eyesaw lol... Mind you I can't talk with my 2008 Dawg which is not great to look at but when you take it out for a ride it just gets down to business and puts a big grin on your face... After all thats what its all about!
  • The Big Cheese
    This is true! :D
  • with my 2008 Dawg

HAHAHAHAHA matty, you have just made my month !!! LOL