bexley5200
bexley5200 Posts: 692
edited August 2009 in The bottom bracket
yes finialy we have some action
going downhill slowly

Comments

• Woodchip
    Woodchip Posts: 205
    A cheating little 40 year old with a bad back driving a dog of a car. Mind if I hold back the excitement on this one.

P.S. Glad to see Massa is on the mend. Hope he does get back in an F1 car, but think he'd be better off in WTCC/NASCAR now.
    I have nothing more to say on the matter.
  • bexley5200
    i very rich little cheating 40 year old east european best driver ever
    going downhill slowly
  • Woodchip
    I'd say Jim Clark was a better driver, or Fangio or Senna. Just because he has a better percentage than any other dirver means nothing when he spent so much time in a blatantly dominant Ferrari.

Sorry, don't like Schuey and never will. He may have been quick but what would Hammy, Alonso or Kubica done in the same car with the same preferential treatment?
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    He must have been inspired by Lance.
  • bexley5200
    lance what an insperation the man has such determination
    going downhill slowly
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    Schuey was more than just a driver, he knew how to get a car set up right and it was him who turned Ferrari around into the dominant force they were.
    He did have a few dodgy moments but lots of people get caught up in the moment and don't think straight.Now I was as miffed as every other Brit when he took Damon Hill out in Australia.
    I'll be glad to see him back as you could tell racing was his passion and not just a job and not just for the money, which he earnt plenty and well they deserve that as it could be their last drive, ever.

I'd like to have seen hin against some of the old greats and especially Mansell who was always a charger.

It will be interesting to see if Schuey still has it or if he really is only good enough to be the Stig... :lol:
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    I can't wait for schuey to come back.

yes i DID moan when he was winning everything but the thought of him racing against Hamilton and Button is a dream come true.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Woodchip wrote:
    I'd say Jim Clark was a better driver, or Fangio or Senna. Just because he has a better percentage than any other dirver means nothing when he spent so much time in a blatantly dominant Ferrari.

Sorry, don't like Schuey and never will. He may have been quick but what would Hammy, Alonso or Kubica done in the same car with the same preferential treatment?

Schumacher won his first two championships in the Benaton, which was widely regarded as a slower and more difficult to set up car than Hill's Williams.

Schumacher's '96 Barcelona win was one of the all time great drives.

Ferrari were flandering untill Schumacher turned up and galvanised the team - granted around him.

Certainly worked though.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • It'll certainly be great to see him race again.

If does get used to the car in time he could certainly embarress a few of the others (Kimi)
    Just hope Alonso can join in!
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    Wappygixer wrote:
    Schuey was more than just a driver
    yep he was also able to rebound his Ferrari off his nearest rivals car and still get away with it. oddly enough the ferrari of 2nd driver always seemd to have a bad day. like id say "break a leg" schuey.
  • Woodchip
    bobpzero wrote:
    Wappygixer wrote:
    Schuey was more than just a driver
    yep he was also able to rebound his Ferrari off his nearest rivals car and still get away with it. oddly enough the ferrari of 2nd driver always seemd to have a bad day. like id say "break a leg" schuey.
    Seen that already. Suprised my voice ever recovered from me cheering so loudly.
  • Mark Alexander
    Mark Alexander Posts: 2,277
    If nothing else, it'll be entertaining. Probably outpace Raiikonen in the 2nd race.
    Like LA, it'll be a HUGE PR COUP, but he won't be racing for 3rd..... oops

You can't say it hasn't been interesting this year.
    so, 3rd place it is. 7 wins and 'm sure JB can get 1 more point.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    like him or loathe him - lets face it - if you are even remotely interested in f1** you are dying to see how fast he is going to be in the ferrari on the 21st of August!!

Will he be able to drive it? - what if he wipes the floor with the other drivers in a car that is deemed 2nd rate (by a former world champ Raikkonnen)? what if he can't finish a race?

** actually, even if you aren't remotely interested in F1 - like my wife, who commented last night "we'll have to watch that race!"

If the euro GP at valencia wasn't sold out - it will be now and ole Bernie must be rubbing his hands at the TV rights and potential viewing figures!
  • teagar wrote:
    Woodchip wrote:

Schumacher won his first two championships in the Benaton, which was widely regarded as a slower and more difficult to set up car than Hill's Williams.

Schumacher's '96 Barcelona win was one of the all time great drives.

Ferrari were flandering untill Schumacher turned up and galvanised the team - granted around him.

Certainly worked though.

Spot on. He took average cars and teams and MADE them great.

ITV once showed a circuit and the lines all of the drivers took. All exactly the same - except two. M & R Schumacher. He had a way of finding that little bit extra out of the track.

As Teagar also said he built the team around him - and his team loved him. You'll never find any of them who had a bad word to say about him because he made the effort to understand as much about their work as he could. I remember (but not the race or year!!!) when his team mate Barrachello snatched poll from him with minutes to go. Schu pulled into the pit lane, lept out of the car and ran to the back of the garage. He looked at all the stats with his team, ran back to the car and absolutely hammered his way to poll. Now that, my inter-web friends, is professionalism.
    Pain is only weakness leaving the body
  • pneumatic
    pneumatic Posts: 1,989
    I thought he got bannned after testing positive for EPO during last year's Tour.

Fast and Bulbous
    Peregrinations
    Eddingtons: 80 (Metric); 60 (Imperial)

• teagar

Spot on. He took average cars and teams and MADE them great.

ITV once showed a circuit and the lines all of the drivers took. All exactly the same - except two. M & R Schumacher. He had a way of finding that little bit extra out of the track.

As Teagar also said he built the team around him - and his team loved him. You'll never find any of them who had a bad word to say about him because he made the effort to understand as much about their work as he could. I remember (but not the race or year!!!) when his team mate Barrachello snatched poll from him with minutes to go. Schu pulled into the pit lane, lept out of the car and ran to the back of the garage. He looked at all the stats with his team, ran back to the car and absolutely hammered his way to poll. Now that, my inter-web friends, is professionalism.

Not often someone agrees with me on here.

Rock on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk2p2nRK-p4

That's the video I think you mean about Schumacher's throttle control...
  • They mentioned during the last race about the strain that the car puts on the younger drivers. What is it gonna do to an old git like Michael?
    Is this another accident waiting to happen?
    BTW he is just under a year younger than me so I may still have a chance in the TdF. Tee hee!

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • teagar
    They mentioned during the last race about the strain that the car puts on the younger drivers. What is it gonna do to an old git like Michael?
    Is this another accident waiting to happen?
    BTW he is just under a year younger than me so I may still have a chance in the TdF. Tee hee!

He was always by far and away the fittest driver on the grid and he still does plenty of testing miles for Ferrari.

The cars are more or less the same speed as a few years ago anyway, given the new restrictions on aerodynamics.
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    Not a fan of the German, could never forgive him for ramming Hill off the track in Oz. Been to Donington today, watching the super league formula, they had some old F1 cars racing for the 70's & 80's highlight of my day. You could go into the pits, even wandered into 1 of the garages. :lol:
    Justice for the 96
  • Anything that gives Button an a points Advantage, McLaren improving etc, is good.
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business