The Streets.....

Chaz.Harding
Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
edited July 2009 in The Crudcatcher
HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THEM!!??

I've just downloaded their albums (legally, of course!). Well, I had 'A Grand Don't Come For Free' for a while, but only just got the others.

Really impressed. And I'm normally a metal fan! Mike Skinner is a lyrical genuis!

:D
Boo-yah mofo
Sick to the power of rad
Fix it 'till it's broke

Comments

• cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    meh.....they are sooooooooooooo 2 years ago :wink::wink::wink:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • adb1006
    adb1006 Posts: 938
    Mike Skinner is a lyrical genuis!

There is SO much wrong with that statement, i just don't know where to start :evil:
  • MarkEo
    MarkEo Posts: 308
    I agree i think there mint,
    It shouldn't work but it does, i love the streets
    Tis better to regret something you've done than to regret not doing something!
  • Chaz.Harding
    Chaz.Harding Posts: 3,144
    adb1006 wrote:
    Mike Skinner is a lyrical genuis!

There is SO much wrong with that statement, i just don't know where to start :evil:
    I think you are wrong! Actually, know you are :lol:

I'm actually addicted to them at the moment. Good beat, clever and witty lyrics. Good times 8)
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • they're shit, but god don't I know it.
    Start Weight 18st 13lbs March 2009
    17st 10lbs August 2009
    17st 4lbs October 2009
    15st 12lbs December 2010

Final planned weight 12st 7lbs
  • The streets are epic win. I considered trying the con from "can't con an honest john" :D
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    They can be great. They can be terrible too. But I saw them at T in the Park and they were damn fine... Amazing response from the crowd as well. Very impressive... But they never played Empty Cans :cry:

I've seen them a couple of times before and tbh Mike used to be rotten live, just sub-Albarn crowd-pleasing cliche rubbish. But he's got good, I'll give him that. Just in time to split up (he says they'll be splitting next year)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    Im a fan but mrs deffler isnt too kean. Lyrics about birds, beer & fighting, epic
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • snotty badger
    snotty badger Posts: 1,593
    I'm a bit of a Streets fan. Seen them last year over at Newcastle- AMAZING live.

And when I was in Ibiza a few years back I lost my pals in Manumission- walked into one of the amny many rooms and theres was Mike Skinner on stage covering Gorillas- Clint Eastwood 8) 8)

The Streets are headlining Kendal Calling tomorrow, can't wait for Blinded by the Lights 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3