Nintendo Wii Fit

jellybellywmb
jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
Just bought the kids a Nintendo Wii and the package came with a Wii fit.
Can this really get you "fit"?
Ok it is better than sitting on your fat arse but surely no great level of fitness can be acheived jogging on the spot in your lounge.
Having said that it is really good addictive fun and I have found out that Yoga actually hurts and is not a bunch of birds sitting on there arse and shuffling about.
"BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy

Comments

• pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    They've been popluar over here for a while. My cousin has a hoola hoop game where you have to "catch" the hoops that are thrown at you and keep them twirling around your waist. He's also got one where you do a virtual ski jump. They are both sh!t. If you're over 12 years old I wouldn't bother.

As for getting you fit, maybe if you've been confined to bed for the last 8 months or have just come out of a coma you might find it a challenge...

However, I can recommend one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwocdImA ... re=related

Tones in all the right places. :wink:
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    Depending on what you do on the fit, you can work up a bit of a sweat. If you are already fit, it is nothing more than a game (even if you are unfit, it is probably no more than a game as well), but if you do it for an hour rather than sitting watching TV, then you would get fitter.
  • I have a fat friends with one of these, plays tennis sitting down.

Nuff said.
  • Mine are a bit old for this but I'm not. I think I could take him. Mind those handle bars look a bit wobbly.

smart1b.jpg
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    I use the yoga and muscle toning exercises on the Fit. It helps with core fitness/stability and gives me a good stretch out. As for cardio-vascular fitness its a none starter.