Feeling out of my depth!

RallyBiker
RallyBiker Posts: 378
edited July 2009 in MTB general
I've just upgraded from my Halfords bought Diamondback Outback to a Whyte 46. My initial feeling of euphoria has now moved through to awe,to floundering in mild panic/confusion. Any advice. My gut feeling is to leave all knobs alone and just take it to Coed Y Brenin at the weekend! :shock:

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You need to set it up and adjust it first! Ie suspension etc.

Did you get any manuals?
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    If you have no manuals - try on www.whytebikes.com - I believe they have downloads of that kind of thing.

Basically you need to get front and rear suspension working properly otherwise a trip to Coed may be an exercise in frustration or worse!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • skullthaw
    skullthaw Posts: 321
    take it to the bike shop that you bought it from dude and ask them to set it up to ur weight etc!!
    2 Broken fingers broken again... F@$%^£g hell that hurt!!!

92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig.
    METAL!!!!!
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    +1 for taking it back and asking them to set it for you. taking it to cyb as it is could make it a miserable experience.
    if you have a shock pump, you could have a go yourself at setting the pressures, usually you are looking at about 25%sag in the forks and shock, but check the whyte website for confirmation and enjoy, quality bike!
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    defo need to set the bike for you..

you don't want to be riding a buckingbroncho at coedy..

the 46 is an amazing bike and should inspire confidence,,, if you can't set it up your self then take to a shop i'm sure they will assist you.
  • RallyBiker
    RallyBiker Posts: 378
    Thanks for all the advice! Getting it sorted now! :D

DSC01402.jpg