Long Distance Cycling??

jamesthomson
jamesthomson Posts: 2
edited July 2009 in The bottom bracket
A group of us are thinking of doing this new event, saw it in the Telegraph on Saturday - Ride across Britain.

Has anybody done the route? I have never done anything that long before and it's a bit daunting so any tips would be good!

Comments

• bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    The ability to ride multiple days is the key (a bit obvious really :wink: ).

I don't know how much you get to ride at the moment, but IMO the ability to do repeated days of 50 miles+ is more importnat that doing a single 100 mile ride.

From my experience of multi-day riding holidays, it gets easier around day4, but days 2 and especially 3 will be tough unless you are used to doing consecutive rides.

The other thing is nutrition - make sure you eat & drink enough. You will be asking a fair bit of your body, so be prepared to fuel it properly.

Good luck and let us know how you got on - it's a ride I'd love to do!
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    A group of us are thinking of doing this new event, saw it in the Telegraph on Saturday - Ride across Britain.

Has anybody done the route? I have never done anything that long before and it's a bit daunting so any tips would be good!

Not seen anything about it, could you post some details on here please.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • A group of us are thinking of doing this new event, saw it in the Telegraph on Saturday - Ride across Britain.

Not seen anything about it, could you post some details on here please.

Think it's this one.

http://www.rideacrossbritain.com/
    If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.