UFO's?

MarkEo
MarkEo Posts: 308
edited July 2009 in The Crudcatcher
Usually im a very sceptical person about any kind of paranormal activity/star signs/mind reading etc. etc. but the one subject that i love the thought of being real is . . . . . .

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090728/twl ... d0ae9.html
Tis better to regret something you've done than to regret not doing something!

Comments

• My bro's website might interest you :)

www.parastronomy.co.uk

quite atm, but is getting better, only been up a month or so...
    Needs more members!! :wink:

Just been in the local paper!!
  • trekhead
    trekhead Posts: 626
    excellent stuff - deffo want more of this.
    Anyone seen this before?
    http://www.burnham-on-sea.com/news/2009 ... -02-09.php
    ole ginger b*ll*cks / the ginger ninja
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Interesting vid!

" has raised speculation that it could have been a UFO."

Of course it was a UFO if unidentified ;-). A lot of people seem to think UFO means aliens. I think that was a one of those cylindrical helium balloons.
  • a lot of "UFO's" can be explained by iridium flares....

iridium62_p.jpg

they're flashes caused by the sun reflecting on the mirrored surfaces of satellites and space shuttles.

They give a variety of effects too!!
  • MarkEo
    I dunno what it is about UFO's and aliens that i like, i think it might be more to do with me wanting it to be real rather than believing its real
  • MarkEo
    supersonic wrote:
    Interesting vid!

" has raised speculation that it could have been a UFO."

Of course it was a UFO if unidentified ;-). A lot of people seem to think UFO means aliens. I think that was a one of those cylindrical helium balloons.

More than likely, it was pretty high up so could have even been a plane, its to far away to see the wings so just the fuselage is visable
  • supersonic
    I have seen many things - and with other people present, but husually have an explanation for them.

Clouds (ie the high irrdescent ones and lenticular) are common 'UFOs' as are far away planes with the lights shining straigh forward. And police helicopters.
  • supersonic
    Lenticular cloud formation:

lenticular-clouds.jpg
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    men_in_black_movie_image_tommy_lee_.jpg

8) There is no such thing as UFOs, what you saw was an illusion caused by the sun reflecting on the mirrored surfaces of a satellite.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    anyone ever thought it could just be a frisbee thrown by chuck norris

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • MarkEo
    Or maybe just Chuck Norris himself??
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Gotta love a global phenomenon, love it when the military catches the stuff on gun cameras and what not.

http://www.realitatea.net/un-avion-mig- ... 94601.html

http://www.realitatea.net/video_386871_ ... 94601.html

youtube version if you can't get the above: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0scJShhQ3Q

Written testimony and case details in English are interesting n just one of hundreds of reported incidents worldwide captured on film but never seem to make it into the English speaking world.

Chicago O'Hare airport incident grabbed some headlines a few months back when some pilots, tower and ground staff watched an object for a while then watched it burst through cloud bank leaving a big hole.
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Object looked triangular in shape, could have been the aurora?

Deny it all they want im sure it exists.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    doubt it, that thing looks as though it appears out of nowhere and the pilots say it just appeared. According to Janes defence "aurora" was moth-balled in favour of more conventional reconnaissance, the Russians used to track it so far coming out of groom lake then lose it when it went LEO apparently. No wonder the pentagon's got a 2 trillion budget deficit with black budget projects like that being moth-balled. lol.
  • GHill
    GHill Posts: 2,402
    I once saw an "angular object" flying very low and very fast over a lake, about 5 seconds later a Tornado went in the same direction and about the same altitude.

I was coming home from school and my only sensible explanation was that I was having a very very real daydream.
  • supersonic
    I once saw some sort of fighter jet refulleing in the sky. Now that is one weird sight!