Hyde Park, bike path from Marble Arch to Hyde Park Corner

georgee
georgee Posts: 537
edited July 2009 in Commuting chat
Any one else use this.

Is it just me of is the surface at the Hyde Park Corner worsening at a rapid rate, have put it on fill that hole but to no effect, can others add it or make contact with the royal parks to get something done?

Comments

• biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Hmm, I rode it the other day and didn't notice the road surface. But then bad roads are pretty much the default - it's only when there's lovely new fresh tarmac that I sit up and take notice!

What really hurts is seeing diggers ripping up virgin roads. I shed a single tear as I watch.
  • jedster
    jedster Posts: 1,717
    What really hurts is seeing diggers ripping up virgin roads. I shed a single tear as I watch.
    [/quote]

The worst is when you have a really crappy road which finally gets a thorough resurfacing, causing significant disruption - delays, traffic lights, raised manhole covers, ramps, etc, . You enjoy the perfect new road surface for a week and then BT/Transco/Water company/delete as appropriate come in a dig it up again leaving a patchwork of poor quality humps, ruts and ridges.

Why oh why oh why oh why couldn't they do their work BEFORE the resurfacing. Aggghhhh!!!!
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    jedster wrote:
    The worst is when you have a really crappy road which finally gets a thorough resurfacing, causing significant disruption - delays, traffic lights, raised manhole covers, ramps, etc, . You enjoy the perfect new road surface for a week and then BT/Transco/Water company/delete as appropriate come in a dig it up again leaving a patchwork of poor quality humps, ruts and ridges.

Why oh why oh why oh why couldn't they do their work BEFORE the resurfacing. Aggghhhh!!!!

Why? Because then we'd have to find something new to whinge about. Its far easier to whinge about the same issues :twisted:
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666