Did It

pedrojake
pedrojake Posts: 229
edited July 2009 in Road beginners
djbarren wrote:
You might remember my post a while back, saying that i was anxious about doing a sportive on my own. Well I did it today and sat with the main bunch for the first 30 miles and with 6 guys on the way home, and boy did we fly for the first half, and were battered with a head wind on the way home. But it was good and well worth the effort.

3hrs 20 mins 60miles

DJ, was it the Larne - Balltycastle ride?

Comments

• Puzzler
    Puzzler Posts: 73
    Nice one mate.
    All that worrying for nothing eh! :wink:
  • pedrojake
    djbarren wrote:
    yep thats the one. fantastic day

Nice one, only found out about it about a week ago. TBH, dont think I would be quite up to that run just yet. How did you go?

Am considering 2 x 50km runs in September, one in Downpatrick, one in Limavady. Take delivery of the Spesh Allez Elite this week so cant use the kak bike excuse any longer!
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    My wife comes from Co Down, and I may end up living over there sometime soon. Sounds like you enjoyed it dj - well done!
  • pedrojake
    djbarren wrote:
    PedroJake wrote:
    djbarren wrote:
    yep thats the one. fantastic day

Nice one, only found out about it about a week ago. TBH, dont think I would be quite up to that run just yet. How did you go?

Am considering 2 x 50km runs in September, one in Downpatrick, one in Limavady. Take delivery of the Spesh Allez Elite this week so cant use the kak bike excuse any longer!

yea got on well 3hrs 20mins, the last 30 miles were tough serious head wind on the way back, but I got there.

going to do these ones also, nice wee training rides, I learnt one thing I need more base mises under my belt.

You going to do them with anyone?

Fella from work who has just picked up a new steed via the C2W scheme has said he will do them with me........ believe it when I see it!, so probably on my todd
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    i cant seem to get fit enough for a sportif yet... 15 miles and i'm cream crackered.
    well done

i thought it always rained over there
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Out of interest, in that area guys do you ever go on the mournes or around that area?