lecht ski centre

cc552
cc552 Posts: 18
edited July 2009 in Routes
looking for any info on the new routes that are now open is it any good,have a week at aviemore soon is it worth the drive

Comments

• If ur going near aviemore then yes, V good - pop into Bothy Bikes and they will tell u about the single track round there... its a treasure chest of a shop too!

If you dont mind driving there are alsorts within an hour or two from aviemore - laggan wolftrax, fochabers, golspie, learnie red rock trials, carbisdale & balblair, balnain etc...

try http://www.forestry.gov.uk/mtbscotland for some inspiration??

Though I cant comment on the lecht as ive not been ... yet :)
  • cc552
    thanks for that kris also plan on hitting laggan again was there last year loved it,not to keen on red rock . staying in nethy bridge for a week then camping in fort bill for a few nights so i think the new red dh route will be on the cards.
  • No worries - yeah learnie is abit Hmm, Err lol - if ur stayin in nethy bridge there are some "paths" round loch garten (i think its loch garten - if u head towards aviemore / coylumbridge you take the left hand fork in the road on your way out of nethy bridge) - not strictly riding roots or challenging but riding through the trees round there is very nice!

Hope you have a nice time up here anyway! :) cant recommend golspie enough though, just for the climb alone (odd one i know but its amazingly fun)
  • cc552
    thanks again kris.
    like the sound of golspie,only heard good things about up there ,how big a drive would that be from nethy bridge

dont mind a good climb too (inners xc is my fav)
  • about 2hrs from nethy bridge, its about the same from elgin where I live... if only i owned a speed boat to get across the water!! Saying that though, since ive moved to scotland im used to driving the distances now and its so scenic wherever you drive it just adds to the whole experience!

Ive yet to get down to the 7stanes centres but is planned into the schedule some time this summer! after the nevis run!
  • cc552
    only a 20 min drive for me to inners and 30 mins to glentress both first class.
    only problem with scotland in the summer is the midges :evil: