New PB

sicknote
sicknote Posts: 901
edited July 2009 in Road beginners
Hi all

As one of the many that did the London to Cambridge yesterday and I also did it last year but on an old hybrid.

I did it on a an old road bike this year with a double ( not a compact, was not sure if that was a good idea ).

Found it easier this year in some ways but did it in under 5 hours, un like the 7 hours it took last year.

That was 4.08 hours riding so well happy as I was look to do it in 5 :D

Plus the weather was much better for riding in this year as the last was about 32c :shock:

New goal for next year.

Comments

• Redsteveb
    Redsteveb Posts: 201
    Well done mate, thats a huge improvement in time you managed there.
  • sicknote
    Part of it is last year I had just got back to cycling, after a 10 year break.
    Teaching the kids got me back to it so had not done much before it.

Had been putting in a few miles over the last few month ( not as much as I would have liked ) but it did make a big difference and found myself pushing up some of the hills that I crawled up last year.

Plus it was so hot last year and was happy to have just finished.
  • hambones
    hambones Posts: 407
    Well done! It was better this year than last I agree. My personal performance also improved and I rode back without blowing up unlike last year when, by Much Hadham, I was totally spent.

Just make sure you keep getting the miles in and enjoying it.
    Still breathing.....
  • sicknote
    Thanks and I do intend to keep the miles up but after my bum recovers :shock: :D
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    that sort of improvement will have the anti-Contador brigade suggesting you must be on something.....!

well done mate
    my riding isnt improving at all and i cant work out why
  • sicknote
    Well for me it did help I am 41 and had 10 years off :wink:

So was not to hard but now to try and get under 4 hours will take a little more doing.