I think it's crying....

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
edited July 2009 in Commuting chat
3759058171_832315e5a7.jpg
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• rally200
    rally200 Posts: 646
    That's tragic.

How could they,

I mean..

where are the reflectors on the wheels?
  • edhornby
    edhornby Posts: 1,780
    he's just blatantly trying to get his FCN down to increase scalpage potential :)

either that or he''s havin a good laugh - or did he lose a bet???
    "I get paid to make other people suffer on my wheel, how good is that"
    --Jens Voight
  • White Line
    White Line Posts: 887
    It's locked up all wrong. :evil:

Anyway, what's wrong with having a laugh with colours? Personally, I'd kill for an all lime rear tyre and a raspberry red deep section front rim. :D
  • White Line wrote:

Anyway, what's wrong with having a laugh with colours? Personally, I'd kill for an all lime rear tyre and a raspberry red deep section front rim. :D

What's the issue with the lock job?
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    *wonders if she should put a basket on the bowery*
  • White Line
    White Line wrote:

What's the issue with the lock job?
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/lock-strategy.html 8) Got to love that guy.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    It's not the colour coordination, it's the fact that it's a classic steel Colnago track bike. Bikes like that should be dripping in period Campagnolo track kit, and drops...
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    White Line wrote:

Where he says "There is no need to loop it around the seat tube as well, because the wheel cannot be pulled through the rear triangle," I'm not sure I agree. If the lock is only through the rear wheel, surely the rear wheel becomes the weakest link. Cut through that, and it can easily be pried apart enough to remove the lock. Getting a new rim would be relatively cheap (the sprocket etc. would still be OK). So if the bike's worth much at all, I'd always lock the frame and wheel.

(He goes on the claim that doesn't happen, but I don't believe him. I'd do it, and I'm not even a crim. OK, it would deter the guy who wants to run off/ride off with the bike, but not the gangs who use vans.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    I don't think it was on here (if so apologies for repeating) but someone wrote about how they used Sheldo's locking method and three times had their back wheel unscrewed from the frame by bike thieves who thought they were being clever. He's gone back to locking it through the frame.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    Although Sheldon is probably right that not many thieves are going to destroy the back wheel to get the frame, I know of two people who had their bike stolen in exactly this fashion. I'm not sure I would agree that the bigger d-lock needed to go thorugh frame and back wheel presents a sufficently bigger security risk.
  • White Line
    Sorry, I forgot to say that it'd wise to use a (cheapo) lock for the front wheel and frame too. My bad. :oops:
  • Harry182
    Harry182 Posts: 1,169
    Re OP - I'm crying in sympathy.
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    That represents a whole new level of wrong.

:cry:
  • blu3cat
    blu3cat Posts: 1,016
    That represents a whole new level of wrong.

:cry:

I know, I know, should've colour co-ordinated the basket with either the frame / saddle or the rims. the Chrome is just plain evil. :roll:
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • White Line
    I don't get what you all have against this.

If I walked past her in the street, I'd so be checking her out. :twisted:

Is that wrong?
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    There are no words for how wrong that is...I always wanted a Colnago Mexico (the red and white ones) when I was a lad

That is simply criminal :evil:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Saw a full sus BSO today chained up with a basket and support on the forks :roll: Didn't have my phone with me at the time to grab a piccie though.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    And what's wrong with baskets ? I had a basked on the back on my commute bike for years - dead handy for bunging the shopping / carryout in on the way home. Also has the added advantage of acting as a great theft deterrent - I think that's what the owner of this bike is doing, using a basket in lieu of a second lock
    :lol:
    Misguided Idealist
  • Christophe3967
    Christophe3967 Posts: 1,200
    And what's wrong with baskets ? I had a basked on the back on my commute bike for years - dead handy for bunging the shopping / carryout in on the way home. Also has the added advantage of acting as a great theft deterrent - I think that's what the owner of this bike is doing, using a basket in lieu of a second lock

Today I saw a dog (I guess a labrador cross) in a basket on the back of a bike. At an angle of about 40 degrees. The dog looked pertrified. :shock:
  • blu3cat
    blu3cat Posts: 1,016

Today I saw a dog (I guess a labrador cross) in a basket on the back of a bike. At an angle of about 40 degrees. The dog looked pertrified. :shock:

How fast were they going? Were they just POODLING along

(I'll get me coat) :roll:
    "Bed is for sleepy people.
    Let's get a kebab and go to a disco."

FCN = 3 - 5
    Colnago World Cup 2
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    blu3cat wrote:

How fast were they going? Were they just POODLING along

(I'll get me coat) :roll:

I think you'll get dog's abuse for that!

-Spider-