Twentyfour12 Race, Newham Park

littlebear
littlebear Posts: 92
edited July 2009 in XC and Enduro
Any members gonna be racing this weekend down Plymouth way? I missed last year, so im looking forward to checking out the new track.
The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine.

Comments

• littlebear
    Well guys and girls. just arrived home after a 4hr drive back from Plymouth and i am absolutely shattered. Had a great weekend as we always do at the 24hr races. Full of massive highs and lows. the course was great a real mixture of XC excellence, well what do you expect from Mr Bontranger! I am now going to sleep like a sleeping thing that has had no sleep for 24hrs :wink:
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    What was the conditions like, was there many mud tyres to be seen? ;)

Id have loved to have gone as there was 2 spaces at the last minute but i felt like death so left it go.

Maybe next year. :)
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • littlebear
    Some were running mud tires, it was very sticky in the wee hours, but the amount of rides kept it fast with a touch of "HOLY FRACK" Mr Bontranger loves his off camber rooty sections and that was awesome, very technical. Really enjoy this event, even in the wet, everyone seems happy to be there, even the competitive are courteous. Keith stands on the finish line at the end, shaking hands with those who crosss the finish line..... great way to finish a 24 hour race :wink:

Dont miss next year!
  • pirwin1
    pirwin1 Posts: 248
    I was entered to do 24hr pairs but had to pull out because I had swine flu all week! :twisted:

Gutted I missed it, it sounds like it was good with a proper course not like the incredibly untechnical one at mountain mayhem.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    I did it last year and I t was great - could nt get my guys to go that far south this year though so we re settling with Sleepless this year as a comprimise. I ve decided I'm not missing it next year whatever though!!

was the course the same as last year?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • littlebear
    ddraver wrote:
    was the course the same as last year?

I missed last year, but looking at some of the photos from 2008, I think it was similar. I believe they made a few changes due to the weather the week before. We shall be at Sleepless also, lets hope the weather is good to us!
  • richlong28
    richlong28 Posts: 90
    i had shed loads of fun however i don't advise doing 24hr solo on a hartail because i'm shaken to bits

but a brilliant course and was chuffed not to walk any of the climbs however coming up to the cliff climb for the 19th time i was ever so tempted

we were quite lucky with the weather cus it started pissing down at about half 12 on sunday :)

but i will definatly be there next year no doubt
  • SiLanc
    SiLanc Posts: 180
    I've written up my race...as you'll see if you read it, things didn't exactly go to plan!

http://xcenduro.co.uk/racing/races/2009 ... r_2009.asp

If you could click on an advert or two before you leave you'll be helping me pay for the upkeep of the site too. Thanks. Hope you enjoy it.
    Lap by lap analysis, videos, photos, race reports and a map of race locations www.xcenduro.co.uk